Sustaining R&D Engineer 1
Full Time – Sustaining R&D Engineer – Colorado Springs, CO – Summer 2021
Are you interested in a full time opportunity with Philips? We welcome individuals who are currently pursuing (or have recently completed) an undergraduate (BS) and/or graduate (MS) degree to apply to our full time openings at our sites across the US. Through these roles you will gain meaningful, hands-on experience in engineering for a HealthTech company.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Conduct sustaining engineering projects to support the manufacture of medical device catheters as part of the Colorado Springs Sustaining R&D team. This includes component and product design, project engineering, corrective and preventative actions, and field complaint handling.
You are responsible for:
- A solid technical understanding of mechanical design
- Designs changes to existing product and processes given specific input requirements and constraints.
- Generates and updates design documentation such as CAD models, drawings, BOM, test protocols, test reports, Engineering Change Orders, assembly instructions, and schematics.
- Produces prototypes for evaluation, development, and test, which may include assembly and limited machining.
- Generates invention disclosures for new design concepts.
- Develops and executes engineering studies, analyzes data, provides recommendations
- Working understanding of electrical and mechanical systems
- Strong Design Control and documentation skills
- Ability to read and understand drawings, schematics, and data
- CAD proficiency in creating both solid models and finished drawings – SolidWorks
- Ability to develop test protocols, conduct hands-on testing, analyze the data, and write test reports
- Executing system level verification and validation testing
- Working with Post Market Surveillance on product complaint analyses
- Ability to assess component and product non-conformances and provide root cause analysis and recommended actions
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering: Mechanical, BioMedical/BioEngineering, or similar degree program
- Demonstrated drive for results
- Passion for learning and continuous improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Desire to help craft an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences based on consistently demonstrated personal values
- Experience in supporting project management in the development of project plans including schedules, resourcing, budgeting
- Appropriate escalation of cross-functional support issues on projects to functional leadership as appropriate
- Proven ability to actively evaluate project for opportunities to improve performance; continuously monitors risk and mitigates as appropriate
- Identify opportunities and continuously improve internal engineering test and reliability best practices
- Building key relationships with customers relating to their project(s)
- Approving project expenses to a given amount level
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Colorado Springs.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)