3.3 | Andover, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 2 months ago on Oct. 4, 2019

complaint investigator

Full-time in Carlsbad, CA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Andover, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,084 ratings from 75 current or former employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Complaint Investigator

In this role, you have the opportunity to

Evaluate, investigate, and resolve complaints while also analyzing complaint data and gathering additional information as needed. You will manage the complaint investigation process end-to-end. You will work with other teams in a collaborative environment to complete the end-to-end complaints process in a highly regulated environment.

You are responsible for

• Work with a variety of diverse persons within the company such as Engineers, Scientists, Clinical Specialists, Field Service & Application Engineers, and Manufacturing personnel to facilitate the complaint handling process globally
    Evaluate customer feedback, service records, and other sources of customer and internal for possible complaints.
  • Initiate complaints in process and applicable tool.
  • Evaluate incoming data and determine if it is sufficient to understand the nature of the complaint
    Communicate with customers, call center reps and Field Support Engineers to gather more data on complaints as needed
    Assess if the Risk assessment is covering the hazard in the complaint
  • Complete all needed records in a timely and accurate manner
    Confirm complaint condition and determine corrective action (including CAPA as needed)
  • Communicate with complainants as needed to follow up on and resolve complaints; follow up with end-user/customer via complaint submitter when needed.
  • Assess if the Risk assessment is covering the hazard in the complaint
  • Complete all needed records in a timely and accurate manner
  • Evaluate, investigate, and resolve complaints.
  • Completes an initial assessment of reportability and escalates to manager to determine action, when necessary.
  • Analyzes complaint data, gathers additional data as needed, and partners cross-functionally to share feedback to the development and manufacturing teams on potential product improvements, product defects, and safety evaluations, and resolves complaints.

You are a part of

The Philips Hospital Respiratory Care business products include invasive and noninvasive hospital ventilators, patient interfaces, sensors, and monitoring equipment.  We believe that by understanding our customers’ problems we can ease the discomfort of ventilation by providing innovative solutions to improve the patient-ventilator experience, permit speech, and speed liberation. These technological breakthroughs allow the clinician to concentrate more on the patient and less on the device. Our solutions are helping caregivers and lay responders both inside and outside the hospital. We are the number one provider of therapeutic care solutions, saving and improving more and more lives every year.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• 5+ years of experience in a medically regulated and technical environment in (FDA Class I or II equivalent – Class III a plus).
  • Bachelor's Degree or higher in scientific, health care, nursing or related field, or relevant years’ work experience.
  • Demonstrated strong results orientation.
  • Proficiency in using office tools such as Microsoft Access and Excel, Trackwise, ServiceMax, and various other computer software applications.
  • Must be able to work under pressure to meet regulatory reporting time frames and company requirements.
  • Strong sense of responsibility and self-motivation with demonstrated ability to function independently and in a group environment.
  • Requires the proven ability to consistently meet and/or exceed goals. Must be capable of making commitments, setting priorities, and delivering results on time and on budget. Effective team building skills.
  • Able to exercise sound judgment within Philips using standard operating procedures and policies to determine appropriate action to achieve objectives.

In return, we offer you

Enjoy endless opportunities to learn, and develop your career in the directions to which you aspire. Philips Healthcare is a place where you will work with others whose far-reaching ideas and accomplishments have impacted over 200 million lives already. Please help us determine what’s next. Your ideas and ability to deliver will help to transform the future of healthcare, and allow you to create your own legacy.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PH1