3.3 | Andover, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 2 months ago on Oct. 31, 2019

Reimbursement Specialist

Full-time in Plymouth, MN
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Andover, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,084 ratings from 75 current or former employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Reimbursement Specialist

In this role, you have the opportunity to

The Reimbursement Specialist is responsible for the accurate and efficient billing and collecting of payments from insurance carriers, third party agencies and patients. The Reimbursement specialists will coordinate, document, and communicate with health insurance representatives and patients in regards to proper insurance payments in accordance with policies and procedures, and current federal, state and local and standards, guidelines, and regulations. This role will work the hours of Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.

You are responsible for:

• Responsible for accurate billing and collecting of revenue for financial classes including Commercial, Federal and State insurance plans and private pay accounts.
  • Obtain and track claim status via phone and online portals.
  • Compose and follow up on claims appeals
  • Appropriately identify, address, submit or process adjustments, overpayments, and outstanding balances.
  • Review and respond to payment information associated with Explanation of Benefits or Remittance Advice documents.
  • Build relationships with insurance carriers and representatives.
  • Allocating coinsurance and deductible appropriately within the database.
  • Responsible for reviewing and addressing incoming mail correspondence.
  • Communicating with patients regarding outstanding balances.
  • Communicate and collaborate with the internal departments.
  • Maintains strict confidentiality of patient personal information.
  • Maintains HIPPA compliance.
  • Understands business implications of decisions.
  • Performs other duties as requested by supervisor or manager.
  • Reviews, understands and follows department policies, Standard Operating Procedures and job aides.
  • Notifies Supervisor and Manager of any defects or enhancement opportunities for SOP’s and job aides.
  • Assists with annual review of SOP’s and job aides.

You are a part of:

• Insurance and Reimbursement– RespirTech

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:

• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
  • Minimum two years’ experience in insurance, reimbursement or healthcare related industry.
  • Knowledge of healthcare compliance and regulatory reimbursement and insurance-related requirements
  • Working knowledge of medical terminology and HCPCS and ICD-10 codes
  • Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
  • Demonstrated superior customer service skills
  • Process and detail oriented
  • Strong computer skills, with advanced knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software, such as Microsoft Office.
  • Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills in complex situations
  • Ability to work independently and as part of a team
  • Strong skills in fostering cross-functional working relationships

In return, we offer you

Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.