3.4 | Andover, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted a month ago on Aug. 6, 2019

NPI Project Lead

Full-time in Bothell, WA
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Andover, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.4-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,017 ratings from 69 current or former employees. 22 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

NPI Project Lead

Your challenge
The NPI Project Lead represents Philips Oral Healthcare on the launch of new products and components, travelling up to 25% of the time. The NPI will take a leadership role inside Philips and with our suppliers regarding production launch and the quality and supply of part for the launch. The NPI is responsible for and will be empowered to make quality decisions on behalf of Philips Oral Healthcare and authorize legal documents such as Quality Agreement and Part Submission Warrant.

The NPI Project Lead will have the following responsibilities.

Initial Product Launch

• Drives manufacturability into new product designs through early supplier involvement
  • Defines production capacity requirements
  • Ensures DFMEA is transferred to supplier
  • Plan, Coordinate and execute production release trails
  • Ensures materials are available for trial runs
  • Ensures product documentation set is communicated to supplier
  • Ensure supplier understands product specifications and requirements
  • Drives the development of manufacturing flow diagram
  • Drive PFMES process for manufacturing process
  • Ensure MSA is completed for all gauges, jigs, fixtures and test equipment.
  • Ensure production release trail quantity meets confidence requirements
  • Ensure initial production rate is equal to or greater than plan
  • Verify initial process capability is achieved
  • Ensures qualification evidence is available and embedded in the release order.

Lifecycle Management

• Leads teams in resolving production, field and returns quality issues.
  • Forms cross-functional teams to perform root cause analysis, corrective action plans and implementation of corrective action
  • Leads teams to implement product changes/improvements
  • Responsible for assessing cost and production impacts for LCM changes
  • Drives improvements and cost savings activities with 1st tier suppliers.
  • Manages end-of-life activities including finished goods production ramp down and component obsolescence
  • Monitors production capacity vs. forecast requirements

Your team
You will lead and be part of one or more multidisciplinary team(s) (CMM, regulatory/approbations engineer, project leads, product designers, procurement, SQE, packaging project managers, global supply centers etc.) to create and execute project plans to ensure global supply chain driving to produce newly created products.

Our offer
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry leading in image guided interventions, ultrasound, patient monitoring, cardiology informatics, sleep therapy and respiratory care. Named one of the Top 50 Happiest Companies in America in 2013, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs.
Advance your career in an environment that supports work-life balance, health & well-being and continuous learning. Making a difference begins right here, where you come first.

Ready to start improving lives by putting your personal skills & passions to work?
Apply Today!

We are looking for

• BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering
  • Minimum of 5 years (more likely 10+ years) experience in integral program cross functional program management, design and product development of mass manufactured products in a professional organization, ideally in the Medical Device industry
  • Experience in design transfer, ideally in Medical Device industry.
  • Active knowledge of manufacturing quality management tools and processes, such as APQP
  • Exceptional communication skills for managing remote teams of many nationalities
  • Strong project management skills, including team building, development of and managing to a schedule, demonstrated ability to address problems proactively
  • Strong time management skills to prioritize and manage many concurrent projects to ensure all meet required timelines

Specific Knowledge/Skills:

• Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Project
  • Project management
  • Experience with high volume manufacturing supply chain and logistics processes
  • Experience with FDA-regulated medical device manufacturing helpful
  • Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers

Apply Today!

At Philips, we enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programs. We understand the importance of a healthy work-life balance and strive to provide our people with what they need to achieve that balance.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.