We welcome you to join Philips Image Guided Therapy (IGT) Systems as an NPI Buyer/Planner in our San Diego, CA location.
As the New Product Introduction (NPI) Buyer/Planner, you will have the opportunity to work as part of our Supply Chain Industrialization team to support the purchasing activities in new product introduction.
Help drive the North America supply chain strategy for a newly acquired business. You will be in on the ground floor setting up the supply chain and supporting the initial market launch of an exciting, first of its kind product. As the business grows, there will be opportunity to help introduce additional complimentary SKUs to market.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to the San Diego office.
You are responsible for
- Ensure material is readily available, with the right version and quantity to support all project builds and tests as needed
- Driving Customer Demand Fulfilment by ensuring material availability in the supply chain
- Conducting tactical material planning (forecast and handshake feedback) with internal and external suppliers and distribution centers, in an optimized way through the use of planning calculation methods
- Executing operational material planning and Purchase Order management
- Identifying supply risks and issues, driving mitigation actions and escalate if needed
- Ensuring master data settings to enable touchless replenishment
- Driving continuous harmonization and improvement of material supply processes ensuring Philips Global Processes execution
- Monitoring and securing supplier delivery performance
- Ensuring follow up in materials life cycle, securing in time availability and prevention of obsolescence
- Conducting inventory analysis and policy definition to secure material availability against minimum inventory investments
- Places orders with suppliers and monitors the outstanding order package in terms of delivery time, quality and price
- Tracks order confirmation, monitors open order position, expedites if needed and keeps SAP updated
- Monitoring and securing supplier delivery performance
- Ensuring follow up in materials life cycle, securing in time availability and prevention of obsolescence during validation test builds
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (manufacturing, operations, business, supply chain, engineering)
- 5+ total years’ experience in expanding supply chain roles (buyer/planner, S&OP, demand planning, production scheduling) in a highly regulated, high volume industry (medical devices or pharmaceutical strongly preferred)
- Strong communication skills, ability to manage both internal and external stakeholders (suppliers)
- Familiarity or certification in Lean methodologies
- Proficient with FDA QSR/cGMP and ISO13485 requirements to maintain commitment to environmental and quality regulations
In return, we offer you
We offer you the opportunity to grow within the organization and Philips – develop strong partnerships across Procurement, Head of Manufacturing, Q&R, Business Unit’s, and Group Functions on various projects and initiatives to drive our products to our customers and be a part of saving people’s lives every day.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)