3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted 3 months ago on July 8, 2020

Business Systems Analyst EDI, Nashville, TN / Cambridge, MA

Full-time in Nashville, TN
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,197 ratings from 83 employees. Employees have left 23 comments about their experiences working for the company on InHerSight.

Business Systems Analyst EDI, Nashville, TN / Cambridge, MA

***Relocation expenses will not be provided for this role. Candidates must reside within commuting distance to either our Nashville or Cambridge locations

In this role, you have the opportunity to serve as subject matter expert associated with content, processes and procedures associated with EDI. The EDI Business Process Expert defines and writes detailed functional requirements, analyzes business needs, validate solutions, develops plans and works with the team to resolve issues. The individual applies functional knowledge of EDI to design and customize workflow systems that provide seamless integrations of projects, programs and/or systems.

You are responsible for:

• Interfacing between the business and IT
  • Ascertaining and translating business requirements into functional requirement documents for development
  • Managing EDI projects from initial design through testing, validation and implementation
  • Working effectively in a dynamic work environment which will, from time to time, include non-EDI tasks/projects

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experiences:

• Strong SAP SD skills
  • Minimum of 5 years of EDI experience in an Order-to-Cash SAP environment, including; X12 850, 855, 856 and 810, SAP IDoc processing (inbound and outbound), SAP EDI configuration tables, SAP outbound conditions and access sequences, SAP EDI testing tools, Managing and correcting SAP IDoc exceptions
  • Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience and a demonstrated propensity for onboarding new trading partners and working in an EDI environment
  • Agile thinker possessing creativity, curiosity, problem solving and critical thinking skills
  • Independent thinker who is persistent, resourceful, and resilient
  • Able to work in an ambiguous environment with complex, undocumented business logic and data flow
  • Comfortable and able to thrive in a matrixed organization
  • Open and adaptable to new responsibilities, different perspectives, ideas, and people.
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills

Preferred:

• Experience with EDI in a Healthcare company
  • Experience with EDI for Healthcare exchanges (e.g. GHX, MedAssets)
  • Experience with Computer Software Validation
  • Experience managing and working with outsourced EDI managed services providers
  • Experience with other EDI standards (e.g. EDIFACT)
  • Experience with other EDI transactions (e.g. 832, 845 and 867)
  • Experience with SAP EDI for Procure-to-Pay
  • Experience with other SAP modules (e.g. MM, FICO)
  • Proficient with software tools like Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint

In return, we offer you

A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PH1