This is a 1st shift position: approximate hours are 6:30am – 2:30pm
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Great innovations start with the people who are passionate and skilled enough to create them.
We are looking for operators with a passion for developing and ensuring manufacturability of the most innovative medical ultrasound equipment that lead our industry and improve people’s lives.
You are responsible for:
- Work as a member of the Transducer New Product Development Equipment Operations team supporting the introduction of new transducer products.
- Perform operations and general maintenance to all development equipment to ensure proper functionality and optimal efficiency.
- Operate under the required knowledge of all safety, regulatory, and performance requirements.
- Reliably support engineering and R&D team needs.
You are a part of:
The ultrasound transducer R&D and production innovation groups develop new products for Philips transducer supply chain manufacturing facilities. Our organization believes in a team-oriented, collaborative “first time right” culture. We believe in a customer-oriented approach where it is our job to help all of our stakeholders to be successful.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum two years of experience with R&D and supply chain engineering preferable with electronic medical devices in clean room environments.
- Must have very strong organizational, planning, and attention to detail skills. Previous experience developing new product process operations is preferred.
- Able to convert high level instructions from engineers to fabricate initial prototypes (able to creatively figure out a way to complete the instructions given)
- Must be self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Experience with fine pitch soldering of surface mount connectors.
- Able to communicate fabrication challenges and issues back to engineers.
- Able to deconstruct prototypes for failure analysis.
- Must have very strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing, continuous improvement and New Product Introductions is a strong plus.
In return, we offer you:
This position provides the successful candidate with an immediate opportunity to be involved with technology that is helping to save lives, improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of medicine around the globe. This market-differentiating technology is a cornerstone in the Philips Healthcare portfolio and has proven to be elusive to our competitors. You will have the opportunity to drive commitment towards continuous improvement and the ability to vocalize suggestions and concerns, while assisting with idea generation for solutions.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Life at Philips is an opportunity for personal and professional growth. And a journey into the unexpected; our people often experience moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
In addition to being purpose-driven, at Philips, we deeply believe in equality and that our people should be a reflection of the society and countries in which we operate. So we value our people in all aspects of diversity, whether generational, gender, experience, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, or other aspects. We believe that a flexible and inclusive culture invites a full spectrum of ideas, opinions, and experiences into the decision-making, and strive to create it wherever possible.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page , or you can discover helpful advice from our employee blog. You can also learn about our recruitment process or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)