3.3 | Cambridge, MA | Hospital & Health Care | 10000+ Employees

Posted a week ago on May 20, 2020

Assembler

Full-time in Colorado Springs, CO
Philips is a hospital & health care company headquartered in the Cambridge, MA area with 10000+ employees. Philips has a 3.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,181 ratings from 82 employees. 23 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Assembler

Philips' mission to improve lives is more relevant now than ever. We are increasing production of certain critical care products and solutions to help diagnose and treat patients. In this role you have an opportunity to directly impact lives of people around the world and help solve some of the toughest challenges affecting us today. You and your team will be a part of the medical device industry and take responsibility for the quality of the products, the production yield and the timeliness of the deliveries. In this role, you have the opportunity to build a variety of Medical Devices used globally by Health Care Providers to save lives and limbs.

You are responsible for

• Working in a clean room manufacturing environment assembling medical devices.
  • Operating within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and assembly drawings.
  • Cleaning and maintaining work area.
  • Properly turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
  • Measuring and recording process parameters and report results to supervision.
  • Adhering to production schedules and reporting material shortages.
  • Accurately documenting all required entries in the Lot History Record.
  • Comply with G.M.Ps with regard to material labeling, SOPs and proper segregation of material in the production process.
  • Demonstrating an understanding of the SPNC Quality System.
  • Ensure all training requirements are in a current status.
  • Following Philips policies and procedures.
  • Using standard clean room environment materials and equipment including: microscope, Dial/digital calipers, snap gauges, pin gauges, drawings, SOPs, ultrasonic cleaners and polishing machines.

You are a part of supporting production and new product development for high impact results helping to achieve our mission of delivering consistent high quality, safe and effective, regulatory compliant products and services.

To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience

• US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
  • High School diploma or equivalent.
  • Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required.
  • Experience and ability to routinely use a microscope.
  • Working in conditions normal for a manufacturing environment.
  • Standing for extended periods of time.
  • Frequent lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds.
  • Operations may require the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses, gowning, masks, hearing protectors and any other required PPE.
  • Good hand to hand and hand to eye coordination.

In return, we offer you an opportunity to build a variety of products that save lives. We attract and hire the best talent on the planet! An opportunity to join us in our call to action. This is a permanent positon that comes with a generous full benefits package. Our goal is to help as many healthcare providers as possible to deal with the growing numbers of critical patients.

It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.  Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.

#LI-PH1