Product Development Project Manager (Medical Devices)
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
As part of the Monitoring Solutions & Network team, the Product Development Project Manager will lead the development of new product releases for our industry leading information center software. The ideal candidate will drive the complete product release cycle, including cross-functional leadership of Product Development, Verification, Marketing, Services, Operations, and Q&R to investigate, scope, design, implement, release and improve our software in order to deliver on the promise of continuous improvement and operational excellence to our most customers.
You are responsible for:
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders on product roadmap and delivery schedule, product-service alignment, and key technical choices;
- Manage product development projects;
- Based upon the solution roadmap, coordinate with development team and product managers to create and take ownership of a development implementation plan including budget implications and delivery schedule;
- Thoroughly understand the intended application and customer and business value sufficient to shape and define the project to deliver against the promise. Collaborate with and challenge product managers and developers to ensure that requirements are clearly defined and understood and adequately de-risked;
- Operate at all necessary levels of development planning according to project-specific needs, including prioritizing development actions into sprints and within sprints; coordinate prioritization with roadmap and marketing activities as well as integrating input from customers and development partners;
- Agile execution;
- Coordinate day-to-day project cross-functional execution;
- Serve as single-point-of-contact for the development project to stakeholders;
- Coordinate with test/V&V/Q&R teams and provide official approval of work deliverables; take ownership of quality and reliability of the delivered software and documentation;
- Provide input and decision making on the development process, including project artifacts and development/test operations, tools, and continuous improvement (DevOps);
- Quality and Compliance:
- Integrate quality thinking and customer focus throughout the development lifecycle, with strong emphasis on serviceability, reliability, and ultimately customer and business value;
- Ensure Quality System compliance throughout as owner of the project Design History File;
- Lead change:
- Challenge others to question traditional ways of working, overcome barriers to change and to adapt quickly to new, changing environments; and,
- Champion / role model culture:
- Maintains a climate of trust, openness, honesty and objectivity and role models a can-do mentality.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- At least 3 years of cross-functional project management experience including one or more of leading software development projects, scrum lead roles, or development lead roles.
- Project management expertise, ideally with Agile (esp. Scaled Agile Framework), schedule management (including tools, such as MS Project), and budgeting. Professional certification in project management and/or Agile is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in managing/improving product development performance, agile project control (velocity, burndowns, etc.) and project quality (defect rates, etc.).
- Expertise in requirements management, including interfacing with both non-technical stakeholders and development teams is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in the following:
- Analyzing and reviewing business, functional and technical requirements
- Lead the design, development, test, documentation and deployment of high-quality business solutions according to specifications and standards
- Lead cross-functional (project) team meetings and communicate effectively with peers, architects, business analysts, project managers, software test, Q&R and across other technology team boundaries
- As owner of the project Design History File, ensure adherence to our Quality Management System throughout the project.
- Reporting project status as required
This role will initially be based in our Andover office. Philips will be relocating this office to a new site at Cambridge Crossing, a large development underway on the Cambridge-Somerville-Boston line. This is a very exciting time to be joining Philips, as this new location will be our largest North American R&D innovation center. The new office is set to open in early 2020.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)