In this role, you have the opportunity to
Co-lead the quality and integrity of the accounting processes and financial reporting for our Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS) and Senior Living Business.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- The integrity and quality of accounting processes and financial reporting in adherence to the Philips Accounting Principles.
- The accurate recording of complex business events and transactions and advises the Head of Finance on the impact of accounting standards and topics.
- Proactively identifying risks to the financial processes, and taking ownership with the relevant stakeholders to address the risks.
- Leading periodic review meetings, including the monthly Pre-Month End Closing meeting, Trial Statement Review and the Annual Balance Sheet Review.
- Managing the relationship, planning and execution of financial audits from internal or external auditors and ensuring issues are resolved.
- Signing off together with the Head of Finance and Business Leader on the Quarterly SOX internal control statement.
- Driving the financial disentanglement from Philips toward a viable and standalone entity, including the creation of one accounting team.
- Managing and leading the team of accounting specialists.
- Perform root cause analysis and design efficient and effective improvement projects.
- Overseeing the performance in the other Accounting Operations domains (Procure to Pay, Indirect Tax), to timely and pro-actively identify any process or performance issues in these domains, and assess the impact/ risk for accounting integrity.
- Ensuring appropriate communication to partners on timelines, deliverables and outcomes.
You are a part of
A dedicated team supporting the transition process and driving the success of the accounting processes and financial reporting for the PERS and Senior Living business.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant working experience in a public company or audit firm.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related area required and CPA preferred.
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP.
- Proven ability to apply Problem Solving and LEAN techniques to identify, address, implement and monitor improvements in accounting processes.
- Strong analytical approach that makes data-informed decisions.
- Strategic mindset in measuring success before starting any project.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, presentation skills, facilitation skills and negotiation skills.
- Strong people manager with ability to lead and develop others.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and lead with change management skills.
- Experience with SAP is preferred.
In return, we offer you
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive initiatives and leading a team to success!
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Framingham/Boston.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)