R&D Director of Heart Rhythm Management (HRM)
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Own the R&D department for a newly built business, Heart Rhythm Management, (HRM) within Philips’ Image Guide Therapy Devices Business Group. The Heart Rhythm Category is one of three fast-growing categories within the Philips Imaged Guided Therapies Devices (IGTD) business. Philips is looking for a R&D Director with P&L leadership experience who possesses the abilities to engage customers, encourage teammates and exercise sound decision-making to help develop and grow the HRM into a world-class enterprise.
You are responsible for
- Leading R&D portfolio strategy that supports vitality index, margin, R&D efficiency, and innovation targets for the business
- Driving leading indicators for speed to market, product performance, quality, and manufacturability for Category New Product Introduction (NPI) programs in support of Strategic Plan of Records (SPOR).
- Leading early stage innovation of new product technologies.
- Leading engagement with internal and external research and product development partners on future development projects
- Serving as the primary technical resource for Business Development activity to support HRM.
- Owning Research and Development “R&D” annual budget and resourcing planning for the HRM Category P&L in collaboration with Finance partner.
- Leading the Advanced Development (AD) portfolio developing and executing within the HRM strategy.
- Developing and driving leading innovation Key performance Indicators to ensure future portfolio Vitality Index, competitive performance, product quality, and gross margin.
- Providing Business System approval Advanced Development Phase Gate and Project Sponsor.
- Leading overall New Product Innovation (NPI) Process for Category
- Collaborate with PMO to ensure staffing plans support NPI execution
- Business and Quality Management System approver for AD and NPI Phase Gate approvals.
- Partnering with our Product Sustaining Leaders in support of HRM business continuity and margin expansion.
- Ensuring R&D staffing / strategy hiring plans support sustaining execution
You are a part of
Philips Image Guided Therapy Devices Research & Development organization, where we enable healthcare providers to decide, guide, treat and confirm in one setting, thereby optimizing care, reducing costs and getting patients back to living the lives they love.
To succeed in this position, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent.
- A minimum of 10+ years management experience with 5+ years of experience leading within in a Medical Device industry.
- Experienced knowledge of product development for consumer propositions, preferably medical consumer propositions.
- General competency with and oversight experience over critical Medical Device functions including Quality, Regulatory, Healthcare Economics and Clinical Affairs.
- Validated experience developing strategic and commercialization plans in Medical Devices.
- Able to participate in a global matrix organization / multi -site matrixed environment.
- Able to influence activities outside R&D scope e.g. finance, marketing, operation, service.
- Preferably experience with design for 6 sigma/ Green belt/ Lean/ Agile development.
- Coach and motivate a team.
- Gain deep insight in engineering/ architecture/research.
- Define an innovation strategy.
- Build/ leads global teams.
- Work across industries/ different business.
In return, we offer you
If you are interested in driving action to improve patients’ lives, so they get home healthier and faster and stay there longer, then this position is poised to help you achieve that goal. This position offers site leadership experience within our Image Guided Therapy Devices product offering which improves outcomes in both peripheral and coronary arterial diseases.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)