Principal Transducer Engineering Lead
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Philips is looking for a Principal R&D Engineer that has experience leading teams with Electronics design, testing, and design controls within the medical device space. This position will be looking for someone who can conceptualize, design, develop, and sustain high speed mixed signal data acquisition and embedded electronics. This position will require an engineer who can refine design requirements for next generation devices through interaction and collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams consisting of personnel from marketing, hardware, software, catheter design, quality, regulatory, and manufacturing disciplines.
You are responsible for
- Supporting R&D development projects for diagnostic disposable devices.
- Leading engineering teams focused on breakthrough designs.
- Conceptualizing, designing, developing and sustaining high speed mixed signal data acquisition and embedded electronics.
- Interfacing with multi-disciplinary teams consisting of marketing, hardware, software, catheter design, and manufacturing to refine design requirements for next generation intravascular diagnostic imaging catheters.
- Specifying and qualifying appropriate components, equipment, and design tools based on documented analysis of design specifications, costs, availability and reliability. Integrate into new and existing designs.
- Performing tests and debugging of designs with documentation aligned with the quality plan.
- Generating and releasing design documentation per production development procedures.
- Leading, generating and conducting formal verification and validation plans for completed designs, interacting with Quality and Regulatory staff.
- Actively participating in the transfer of designs from R&D to Manufacturing.
- Conducting technical design reviews with the project team(s) and independent subject matter experts across the company.
You are a part of
This is a great opportunity to be a part of our Image Guided Therapy Division working on diagnostic disposable devices to be used in coronary vascular and peripheral vascular applications. The position will offer the candidate the opportunity to work on New Product Development and Product Sustaining Engineering as an innovator and leader.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS in Electrical or Biomedical, MS/PhD preferred.
- 10 + years' experience in design, development and testing of high speed (>200MHz) mixed signal electronics, preferably also optoelectronic systems, in a regulated environment.
- Expert in FM sensor design with working knowledge of pressure guidewires.
- Experience using circuit simulation software, schematic capture software, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzer, emulators and other lab equipment.to test and debug digital and mixed-signal designs involving multiple PCBs and subassemblies.
- ASIC design experience, including using analog simulator (Spectre) and schematic capture and layout (Virtuoso), within the Cadence Integrated Circuit (IC) Design toolset.
- Expert with LabVIEW, Matlab, MiniTab and test system development.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, drawings, manufacturing instructions and technical analyses.
- Industry experience creating detailed design documentation (specifications, design descriptions, verification and testing plans).
- Experience with Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Electrostatic Discharge (ESD), and signal integrity testing to international standards.
- Experience using Engineering Change Order (ECO) release process and document management/PLM systems.
- Experience applying IEC 60601-1 and related medical device electronics standards is highly desirable.
- Experience with high speed communication interfaces such as Ethernet, PCIe bus, USB, Camera Link, SPI, I2C, and RS232.
- Familiarity with LabVIEW and test system development.
- Familiarity with medical imaging systems hardware, especially IVUS and OCT.
- Familiarity with FM sensors and functional knowledge of pressure guidewires.
- Familiarity with cardiac and vascular catheterization procedures, tools, and terminology.
- Familiarity with catheter and material or process selection for catheter development.
- Previous mentorship and/or team-leadership for junior technical colleagues
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within commuting distance to this office.
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)