The Revenue Analyst accelerates firmwide growth by generating meaningful insights that drive key business decisions. This position is at the center of Arabella’s business development information and analytics, leveraging a mix of analytical and communication skills to help the Business Development and firm leaders to identify, assess, and act strategically to enhance our portfolio of clients. This person will be charged with developing and owning revenue reports that are critical to our business development goals. This person will also serve as a technical partner for the Managed Organizations team’s pricing tool. S/he will partner with the MO pricing team to ensure that the tool accurately captures the cost of servicing our clients.
To succeed in this position, the candidate should have exceptional research and analytical skills, the ability to translate data into actionable insights, excellent interpersonal and communications skills, the ability to work across teams and functions, and a passion for contributing to the greater good. Proficiency working in Salesforce and Excel, with revenue figures, and in spreadsheets will be key. Intellectual curiosity, strong stakeholder management, patience, and customer service skills are necessary.
Business and Growth Strategy Analytics (~85%)
- Drive research and market analysis to generate actionable insights for growth across product and services, clients, and markets
- Independently research and analyze key business drivers, trends, and metrics to inform business decisions
- Develop, produce, and distribute Manifest dashboards and Excel reports that track business drivers and progress towards revenue goals
- Conduct and present regular reporting and analysis on pipeline and other business health indicators, and inform the shaping of a high performing sales organization, to Exec Ops, our sales team, and other leaders at the firm
- Support midyear and end-of-year revenue planning exercises, including revenue forecasting by line of business, service, client segment, and firm based on historical data
- Communicate revenue trends and other findings on a regular basis to various levels of management and across teams, in partnership with strategy team
- Provide thought partnership and coaching for CRM team in documenting business reporting requirements
- In partnership with representatives from Arabella Finance, Managed Organizations, and Advisory teams, act as liaison to ensure high levels of data quality and integrity to bolster confidence in processes, systems, and revenue reports
- Act as a conduit of information across sales team, executive team, and line of business leaders to enhance internal communications regarding our revenue strategy and growth goals
- Support business development colleagues to better understand the health of our booked revenue and forecasted future business
- Partner with colleagues on ad hoc special projects such as market sizing, pricing, and competitive analysis, as capacity allows
Pricing Support (~15%)
- Serve as the technical expert for Managed Organizations’ team pricing model, owning the functionality of the Excel-based tool
- Recommend, manage, and implement design tweaks and updates based on service changes
- Partner with Managed Organizations’ pricing team on tool output, methodology, and sustainability analysis
To Be Successful in This Role, You’ll Need:
- Skilled in data collection and manipulation of data
- Experienced in synthesizing and presenting analysis
- Demonstrated ability to propose and implement research efforts to answer business questions
- Comfort in managing up
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficient in Salesforce, PowerPoint and other data visualization or analytical software tools
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for and curiosity about the social sector/nonprofit work
- Curious, desire to learn
- Proactive, ability to work independently and to run with requests
- Quick learner
- Strong communications skills
- 4-5 years of professional experience
- BA/BS required
Our Core Competencies:
- Ability to provide excellent service to clients, including being able to diagnose and anticipate difficult service challenges, provide proactive and effective client-centered solutions, pass along service lessons to teammates, and demonstrate a strong understanding of the client’s perspective
- The ability to effectively manage projects, proactively problem solve, and ensure quality control
- A high level of emotional intelligence and the ability to use that intelligence to appropriately adapt to stakeholders’ needs
- The ability to effectively help communicate complex and nuanced messages to a variety of audiences, including adapting style, tone and content to meet various needs
- The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including supporting efforts that promote a safe and welcoming culture, providing timely and constructive feedback, and highlighting and sharing significant and new knowledge across the team
- The ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team learning, including a willingness to request feedback and incorporate it to improve individual performance and to seek out and participate in career-relevant learning activities
- The ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including the ability to solve challenges independently
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
Advancing DEI within our firm and in our work with partners is critical to our mission. To be effective partners to philanthropists, nonprofits, and communities impacted by philanthropic dollars, we need to have a highly diverse staff, a workplace where individuals are encouraged to retain their uniqueness and can feel a sense of belonging, and a nuanced understanding of the racial, ethnic, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, and other disparities that undergird the issues we engage in and the interactions we have with one another. For us, equity means that our staff members, our clients, and the people they serve can experience the same level of success, no matter their starting place. We expect all our employees to share this commitment, and always seek ways to improve how well we live these values. Click here to learn more about DEI at Arabella and read our official DEI statement.
Working with Us
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers page to learn more.
To encourage work/life balance, we offer flexible work options. Our office is an open space with cubicles and informal work areas. Our salaries are closer to the range of a nonprofit and our benefits are excellent. You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to seven federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive religious holidays and your birthday. We have a competitive health package that includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
Arabella Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to racial equity. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We encourage you to read (or listen to) our DEI statement prior to applying. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color and members of marginalized groups to apply for open positions. Once you have applied, we welcome your feedback on how you have experienced our values around DEI in the recruitment process.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.