American Paper & Twine logo

5.0 | Nashville, TN | Wholesale | 201 to 500 Employees
Posted 2 weeks ago on Feb. 9, 2020

Strategic Sourcing Corrugated Buyer

Full-time in Nashville, TN
See at-a-glance how well companies like American Paper & Twine support the things that are important to you.
5.0

American Paper & Twine is a wholesale company headquartered in the Nashville, TN area with 201 to 500 employees. American Paper & Twine has a 5.0-star InHerSight Score, based on 16 ratings from a confidential number of current or former employees. 1 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

American Paper & Twine is looking for a Strategic Sourcing Corrugated Buyer to join our organization at our corporate headquarters in NashvilleTN. This position is an integral part of our day to day operations and services our wide array of customers.

The position is Monday-Friday and will report to the Director of Purchasing.

Benefits:

• Health insurance paid 90% for employee

• Generously funded Health Savings Account

• 401(k) plan with matching contributions offered

• Employer paid life insurance provided

• Dental, vision, long term disability and AFLAC plans offered

• Employee Assistance Program offered and paid 100%

• Paid Time Off accrued from day 1 and available to use after 90 days

Job Description:

The successful candidate will assist in a variety of tasks.  A sample list of tasks and responsibilities is as follows:

• Manage the sourcing and replenishment of our current corrugated box offering at all APT locations

• Manage the relationships and programs with each corrugated supplier

• Ownership of all corrugated quoting opportunities

• Manage the implementation of new item set-up, first order placement and receipt of first order

• Facilitate the communication of new business with logistics and operations

• Manage the interactions between sales, purchasing and vendors to ensure all customer requirements are met

• Maintain the highest level of integrity when negotiating or discussing business with vendors

• Remain current on market conditions that impact corrugated price volatility

• Identify each vendor’s strengths, capabilities and efficiencies within each of our markets

• Assist our sales team in the preparation of corrugated proposals with regards to competitive market pricing

• Educate and train new sales representatives on qualifying and information gathering of new corrugated opportunities

• The ability to understand target cost levels required

• Work closely with Director of Purchasing and Category Managers in evaluating best practices for optimal inventory turns

• Manage slow or non-moving inventory.

• Ability to build relationships & work effectively in a team environment.

• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the skill set to prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and independently.

Job Skills & Requirements:

• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferably in Business Administration.

• 5 years of prior experience sourcing corrugate.

• Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word.

• Ability to take ownership of responsibilities and work with autonomy.

• Ability to balance multiple assignments / projects.

• Strong base of corrugated supply knowledge.

• Excellent communication skills.

About the Company:

American Paper and Twine (APT), founded in 1926, is a 3rd generation family owned and operated wholesale distributor of janitorial/sanitation products, packaging supplies, foodservice disposables, and office products.  We service a wide array of industries including: Healthcare, Education, Manufacturing, Distribution, Food Service Processing, Government, Restaurant, Catering, and General Offices.  Our product breadth and best in class customer service differentiates us from our competitors and allows us to market ourselves as a one stop shop to businesses large and small.  Headquartered in Nashville, TN, we have additional distribution facilities in Chattanooga, Knoxville, Memphis, Little Rock, Atlanta, and Muscle Shoals.

APT is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and Drug Free workplace (DFW). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.