Wikimedia Foundation

3.7 | San Francisco, CA | Internet | 201 to 500 Employees

Scores for Wikimedia Foundation are based on 46 ratings from a confidential number of participants To protect the anonymity of our raters, we keep the number of participants hidden until it crosses a certain threshold.

Comments

Tell us in your own words what it's like for women working at Wikimedia Foundation.

The non-profit organization that supports and hosts Wikipedia and its sister free knowledge sites.

The Wikimedia Foundation is the non-profit organization that supports and hosts Wikipedia and its sister free knowledge sites. Wikipedia consists of nearly 40 million articles across hundreds of languages. Every month, more than 80,000 volunteer editors contribute to Wikipedia. Based in San Francisco, California, the Wikimedia Foundation is an audited, 501(c)(3) non-profit that is funded primarily through donations and grants. It currently employs over 240 staff members.

At the Foundation, we build technology to help people everywhere access Wikipedia, across devices and in nearly 300 languages. We engineer privacy for our readers and editors so they can safely and securely explore Wikipedia. We create programs and initiatives to make Wikipedia freely available to more people in more parts of the world. We build new tools for the community of editors so they can continue to improve and grow Wikipedia. Roughly a quarter of our budget goes to supporting the community that make the site possible, including through grantmaking programs that enable volunteers and enrich the information on the sites.

Wikimedia Foundation has no jobs listed at this time.