Wikimedia Foundation logo

Wikimedia Foundation

3.6 | San Francisco, CA | Internet | 201 to 500 Employees

Company scores for Wikimedia Foundation are based on 61 ratings from a confidential number of employees To protect the anonymity of our raters, we keep the number of participants hidden until it crosses a certain threshold.

${IHSScore.average_score}
${ buttonText }: ${IHSScore.filtered.average_score}

${grouping.grouping_display}

${grouping.average_score}
${ buttonText }: ${grouping.filtered.average_score}
${score.category_display} We don't have sufficient data around the ${score.category_display} category for this company
${score.average_score} N/A
${ buttonText }: ${score.filtered.average_score}
COVID-19: Since March 2020, this company has received an average rating of ${date_filtered_telecommute_score.average_score_since_march_2020} for the ability to telecommute
Choose ana ${filterType.text}
Raters on InHerSight tell us how satisfied they are with 18 different categories. Here's how we define some of these categories.
${score.category_display}

Additional Insights

Responses since September 1, 2020

Comments

We encourage women to leave anonymous comments about their experience at Wikimedia Foundation. First-hand reviews can give you an idea of individual experiences.

${comment.satisfaction_display} Rater
From Wikimedia Foundation:
${comment.satisfaction_display} Rater
From Wikimedia Foundation:

Comments

Leave an anonymous comment about your experience at Wikimedia Foundation. Your review can help other women find great companies.

Wikimedia Foundation logo

The non-profit organization that supports and hosts Wikipedia and its sister free knowledge sites.

The Wikimedia Foundation is the non-profit organization that supports and hosts Wikipedia and its sister free knowledge sites. Wikipedia consists of nearly 40 million articles across hundreds of languages. Every month, more than 80,000 volunteer editors contribute to Wikipedia. Based in San Francisco, California, the Wikimedia Foundation is an audited, 501(c)(3) non-profit that is funded primarily through donations and grants. It currently employs over 240 staff members.

At the Foundation, we build technology to help people everywhere access Wikipedia, across devices and in nearly 300 languages. We engineer privacy for our readers and editors so they can safely and securely explore Wikipedia. We create programs and initiatives to make Wikipedia freely available to more people in more parts of the world. We build new tools for the community of editors so they can continue to improve and grow Wikipedia. Roughly a quarter of our budget goes to supporting the community that make the site possible, including through grantmaking programs that enable volunteers and enrich the information on the sites.

Jobs at Wikimedia Foundation

Wikimedia Foundation has no jobs listed at this time.

Wikimedia Foundation is an internet company headquartered in the San Francisco, CA area with 201 to 500 employees. Wikimedia Foundation has a 3.6-star InHerSight Score, based on 61 ratings from a confidential number of current or former employees. InHerSight collects anonymous employer ratings and reviews from women for companies like Wikimedia Foundation and shares that information publicly to empower working women to make better decisions about their careers and where they work.