Wayfair

Scores based on 1,161 ratings from 79 participants

Comments

Great work culture. Growing rapidly.

Not ADA friendly

The pace of change is challenging, but overall, a good place to start your career.

While the company is at least 50/50 male/female, top leadership has very few women in C-level roles (if any). There are female VPs and GMs but not at the very top levels. Wayfair also hires very young employees, so it's an OK place to start your career, but not to go once you already have real experience under your belt. The standards are high, almost impossible to meet, and the base salaries are awful. They also love to restructure teams at the drop of a dime so you could love your job, then one day come into a completely different one that you now dislike. It's not a motivating work environment.

In my department (photography), there is a cultural animosity toward women, based on appearance, delivery, personality, attire, etc. The men on my team are constantly being praised for doing the bare minimum and women are criticized for being too bossy or too passive. It is rare that women are judged on merit, mostly on how others perceive them. I think this culture is deeply engrained in my industry (photography), but Wayfair's upper management has supported this since our studio opened.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Wayfair?