United Airlines

Employer Responsiveness
2.8
2.4
2.3

Comments

Overall seems equal opportunity but there are no women in highest management positions nor on board of directors. No female-centric career programs are available & w/the exception of breast cancer awareness month, no event s or activities specifically celebrating women

As a younger employee, I don't feel that being a woman has held me back from fast promotion. We have a focus on equal hiring and I think our pool of women is increasing in my department. There is not a lot of women leadership to look up to but I believe there will be in time. It is not a flexible job at all but there is support for mothers to take leave and come back and still have the ability to be successful.

Despite being a mostly male dominated industry, the company is incredibly female friendly. Lots of opportunities for anyone willing to work for them.

United Airlines is a company I am proud to work for not only because of the female-influenced work space, but also because I know my voice is valued at every level. It has been a female-dominated career for some time, but people of all genders and backgrounds are now diversifying the workspace. I've never felt prejudice or sexism in the work place from my colleagues or superiors. As one of the many faces our customers see, I am treated with respect as a valued employee.

The job for women and men as a flight attendant is seniority based and equal. That being said upper management tends to gender bias.
The more seniority you the more flexible you time off is.

Work in HR or Recruiting for United Airlines?