United Airlines

2.3
2.3
2.2
2.2

Comments

Revenue management department only can move up if your boss wants to sleep with you. Women are hired to fill quotas thats all.

I love working for United Airlines! We get a lot of bad press in the media with unfortunate situations on flights, but I have worked at another J.D. Power awarded airline and much prefer the working conditions at United. I feel respected by all my coworkers, there are many opportunities to become a supervisor or work various other positions in the company, men and women are treated as complete equals as far as pay/seniority/contract rules, there is a lot of flexibility and support for mothers, and I feel safe and excited every time I come to work.

As in all large companies, there are pockets of the organization which are better than others. United is really a misnomer. It should be called Continental. They forced out much of the United leadership and what remained was pretty much a boy's club. In spite of feedback from employees, not much has been done at headquarters about that. Oscar is obsessed with the front line employees. Most of them (save the flight attendants) are men.

Company culture does not support design or development best practices. Teams do not communicate with one another. Management forces responsibility onto others. Management do not talk openly with staff. Impossible to do good work here.

Men are highly unprofessional in their communication and nothing is done about it.

Work in HR or Recruiting for United Airlines?