The Zebra logo

The Zebra

4.5 | Austin, TX | Insurance | 51 to 200 Employees

InHerSight Ratings

Scores for The Zebra are based on 189 ratings from 12 participants

Comments

What our users are saying about working for The Zebra

This place makes car insurance fun. "The Shebras" is the most welcoming women's group you will ever meet. I felt immediately empowered by this group of smart, talented women. And it's not just the females, the male female dynamic across the board has felt completely equal. Sure we have 2 males at on top, but they are the most approachable genuine leaders I've worked for. At The Zebra your voice will be heard, your ideas will be implemented, and you will have an equal opportunity to advance your career.

Great place to work, everyone is wholly themselves and very supportive of one another. Everyone is accepted here no matter your background, personality type etc

Car Insurance may not sound like the most fascinating area of work, but as a Software Engineer at The Zebra, I can assure you we get to solve challenging technical problems with the newest technologies.

There's a constant flow of interesting new problems to solve, and there are brilliant engineers all around to collaborate with and bounce ideas off of. No matter one's background or level of experience, everyone is treated as a valuable member of the team because everyone has a unique perspective and something important to offer.

The engineering management makes a concerted effort to ensure that employees' needs are met, and it's obvious that they don't only care about the company's success, but also about the growth of each member of the team.

None

Best place and a group of people (especially women) I have ever worked with/for.

The Zebra logo

Startup based in Austin, Texas disrupting $220 billion car insurance industry.

The Zebra is transforming the multi-billion dollar insurance industry by providing consumers a simple, unbiased, and transparent way to compare and purchase insurance online. Our team is passionate about working together to solve interesting problems with technical solutions--and having fun doing it. With a team split between Austin and Africa, we know from experience the importance of diversity within Engineering teams, and we work constantly to ensure everyone has a voice and feels valued. Collaboration is key to our success.

Women at The Zebra

This information is provided by The Zebra

This information is provided by The Zebra

• Unlimited paid time off
  • Unlimited sick leave
  • Occasional remote work available
  • Unlimited PTO policies can be confusing. Rest assured, we believe vacation time/PTO is integral to your well being, and encourage our teammates to take what they need!
  • We believe there is value in in-person communication & interaction. We also believe that there are days when you need alone time to focus, or need to wait for a repairman at home. We trust that you’ll know how to manage your time in those situations.

• Women's affiliate group
  • The Shebras is an ERG of women and allies at The Zebra which provides opportunities for all Zebras to come to work as their authentic selves. We strive to create inclusive spaces for learning, growth and leadership.
  • We're in the progress of establishing a Diversity ERG & Mentorship Program

• 4 weeks fully paid paternity leave
  • 4 weeks fully paid adoptive leave
  • Flexibility/WFH options 2-3 weeks leading up to due date for birth mother.
  • New parents can ease back into working full-time.
  • Work remote or work part time to bond with your new family member, get back into the swing of things with a new schedule, childcare, breastfeeding, etc. Each family will have different circumstances.

• Dedicated lactation facilities

• Free, Healthy Lunch every Wednesday
  • Gym access across the street from our office
  • Quarterly Wellness Initiatives (Q1 2019 - Monthly Yoga at the office & Monthly Off-site workout)

• Occasional social activities

Jobs at The Zebra

Full-time | Austin, TX
The Zebra is an insurance company headquartered in the Austin, TX area that employs 51 to 200 people. The Zebra has a 4.5-star InHerSight Score, based on 189 ratings from 12 current or former employees. 6 participants left comments about their experience working for the company. InHerSight collects anonymous employer ratings and reviews from women for companies like The Zebra and shares that information publicly to empower working women to make better decisions about their careers and where they work.