The Zebra logo

The Zebra

4.3 | Austin, TX | Insurance | 51 to 200 Employees

Company scores for The Zebra are based on 349 ratings from 22 employees

Comments

We encourage women to leave anonymous comments about their experience at The Zebra. First-hand reviews can give you an idea of individual experiences.

From The Zebra:
From The Zebra:

Comments

Leave an anonymous comment about your experience at The Zebra. Your review can help other women find great companies.

The Zebra logo

Startup based in Austin, Texas disrupting $220 billion car insurance industry.

The Zebra is the most comprehensive online car insurance comparison platform in the U.S. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping — “car insurance in black and white.” The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.

Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists, and the company’s success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016, 2017 and 2018.

The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” who share those values.

Percent of the company made up of women, provided by The Zebra

Executive

This information is provided by The Zebra

• Unlimited paid time off
  • Unlimited sick leave
  • Occasional remote work available
  • Unlimited PTO policies can be confusing. Rest assured, we believe vacation time/PTO is integral to your well being, and encourage our teammates to take what they need!
  • We believe there is value in in-person communication & interaction. We also believe that there are days when you need alone time to focus, or need to wait for a repairman at home. We trust that you’ll know how to manage your time in those situations.

• Women's affiliate group
  • Diversity council
  • The Zebra ERGs strive to create inclusive spaces for learning, growth and leadership.
  • Shebras
  • An ERG of women and allies at The Zebra which provides opportunities for all Zebras to come to work as their authentic selves.
  • Affinity
  • An ERG to provide support, inclusion, and opportunities for minorities, and allies.
  • Dazzle
  • Dazzle’s mission is to create an inclusive, active, and empowering organization for the LGBT community and allies at The Zebra.

• 16 weeks fully paid paternity leave
  • 20 weeks fully paid adoptive leave
  • Our parental leave allows for 20 weeks paid for the Primary Caregiver and 16 weeks for the Secondary Caregiver. This can be taken all at once or spread out over a 12 month period.
  • Additionally, The Zebra offers employees a $5,000 bonus per birth or adoption or placement of a child.
  • New parents can ease back into working full-time. Work remote or work part time to bond with your new family member, get back into the swing of things with a new schedule, childcare, breastfeeding, etc. Each family will have different circumstances.

• Dedicated lactation facilities

• Free, Healthy Lunch every Wednesday
  • Monthly Wellness Perk: Reimbursement for up to $100/month for wellness related costs.

• Occasional social activities

Jobs at The Zebra

Best Companies Lists

The Zebra appears on the following InHerSight best companies lists

The Zebra is an insurance company headquartered in the Austin, TX area with 51 to 200 employees. The Zebra has a 4.3-star InHerSight Score, based on 349 ratings from 22 employees. 8 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight. InHerSight collects anonymous employer ratings and reviews from women for companies like The Zebra and shares that information publicly to empower working women to make better decisions about their careers and where they work.