The Zebra logo

The Zebra

4.2 | Austin, TX | Insurance | 51 to 200 Employees

Company scores for The Zebra are based on 221 ratings from 14 employees

Comments

We encourage women to leave anonymous comments about their experience at The Zebra. First-hand reviews can give you an idea of individual experiences.

From The Zebra:
From The Zebra:

Comments

Leave an anonymous comment about your experience at The Zebra. Your review can help other women find great companies.

The Zebra logo

Startup based in Austin, Texas disrupting $220 billion car insurance industry.

The Zebra is transforming the multi-billion dollar insurance industry by providing consumers a simple, unbiased, and transparent way to compare and purchase insurance online. Our team is passionate about working together to solve interesting problems with technical solutions--and having fun doing it. With a team split between Austin and Africa, we know from experience the importance of diversity within Engineering teams, and we work constantly to ensure everyone has a voice and feels valued. Collaboration is key to our success.

Information about gender diversity has been provided by The Zebra

This information is provided by The Zebra

• Unlimited paid time off
  • Unlimited sick leave
  • Occasional remote work available
  • Unlimited PTO policies can be confusing. Rest assured, we believe vacation time/PTO is integral to your well being, and encourage our teammates to take what they need!
  • We believe there is value in in-person communication & interaction. We also believe that there are days when you need alone time to focus, or need to wait for a repairman at home. We trust that you’ll know how to manage your time in those situations.

• Women's affiliate group
  • The Shebras is an ERG of women and allies at The Zebra which provides opportunities for all Zebras to come to work as their authentic selves. We strive to create inclusive spaces for learning, growth and leadership.
  • We're in the progress of establishing a Diversity ERG & Mentorship Program

• 4 weeks fully paid paternity leave
  • 4 weeks fully paid adoptive leave
  • Flexibility/WFH options 2-3 weeks leading up to due date for birth mother.
  • New parents can ease back into working full-time.
  • Work remote or work part time to bond with your new family member, get back into the swing of things with a new schedule, childcare, breastfeeding, etc. Each family will have different circumstances.

• Dedicated lactation facilities

• Free, Healthy Lunch every Wednesday
  • Gym access across the street from our office
  • Quarterly Wellness Initiatives (Q1 2019 - Monthly Yoga at the office & Monthly Off-site workout)

• Occasional social activities

Jobs at The Zebra

Full-time | Austin, TX
The Zebra is an insurance company headquartered in the Austin, TX area that employs 51 to 200 people. The Zebra has a 4.2-star InHerSight Score, based on 221 ratings from 14 current or former employees. 7 employees left comments about their experience working for the company. InHerSight collects anonymous employer ratings and reviews from women for companies like The Zebra and shares that information publicly to empower working women to make better decisions about their careers and where they work.