Target

2.4
2.3
2.2
1.7

Comments

I loved working at target. But my leader at the time did not like me. She was unwilling to give me the job I was hired for. Target let’s you be you, meaning if you have tattoos showing or piercings you can let them show, that was my favorite part. Although I left target because of my leader I would most definitely go back for my coworkers and the atmosphere.

Great company to work for! Loved what I was doing, but needed more money and hours in order to stay.

Target is a huge corporation that is mainly concerned with the money making side of business. I had a sexual discrimination issue with the company even in a management role in which I flourished and displayed strong leadership skills.

If you upset the Manager, he will make sure you get fewer hours and HR will take his side and basically do their best for you to quit. They will approve time off a schedule you and not say anything and then write you up for being a “no call no show” ... they have done this to many employees. One of my coworkers went into labor and couldn’t call in due to that reason... they fired her. She was always at work on time and did what she was supposed to. It’s poorly ran by a young man with no life experience and who wants people to worship the ground he walks on and as soon as you don’t, you hours instantly are cut and and you get stuck doing the fitting room and getting ignored because no one wants to loose their job.

Management does not communicate or try to help you go further your opportunity. They have started a new module where they threaten everyone with writes up if your job or team members are not the way they want it.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Target?