St. Joseph Hospital

Scores based on 376 ratings from 25 participants

Comments

Extremely supportive of the expecting and working mother. Non-essential depts (non clinical) provide flexibility and opportunity to work from home as needed

The environment in which I work is primarily employed by women. Most of us do not feel we are provided with a strong, comprehensive benefits package through our employer. As a result we seek our healthcare elsewhere and are, in essence, not receiving the full benefit we are promised for our services as employees.

In addition, services which are specified to the wellness of women and children are lacking in general. There is no paid maternity leave outside of that which is minimally required to be provided. There are no day care services on site, nor are there contracts with any local day care centers for child care. Healthcare services such as birth control or other hormone prescriptions and less common exams are not covered as the Catholic institution claims the right to deny healthcare services based on privatized religious corporatism.

Great female leadership, strong support of breastfeeding. However, no maternity leave policy other than FMLA and very few flexible work options for exempt employees. Catholic affiliation does have policies that hurt women- no IVF or birth control coverage as part of employee health plan . Getting birth control covered through the 3rd party administors of the health plan (as dictated by the ACA) is tricky without a well informed physician billing department.

Work in HR or Recruiting for St. Joseph Hospital?