3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted a month ago on Nov. 1, 2019

Tax Senior Associate - Deals - Tax Reporting & Strategy

Full-time in Chicago, IL

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,900 ratings from 395 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our Tax Reporting and Strategy practice, within Innovation services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients’ tax departments redesign, redefine, and redeploy tax to be a strategic asset across the enterprise. You’ll focus on assisting clients incorporate increased automation in the tax reporting process, increase analytic capabilities through data integration, and create solid internal controls that will enable the Tax function to deliver better quality output and contribute more strategically to organisational decision making. Our team helps our clients expand the tax role to include research, analytics, and technologies to improve how their organisation collaborates and performs. You’ll focus on enhancing the tax reporting process by incorporating increased automation, integrating quality data, developing analytic capabilities, and utilising technology to deliver better quality output in less time.

To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.

As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.

The Deals group within Tax Reporting & Strategy (TRS) is comprised of subject matter specialists that provide planning and implementation consulting during every stage of the M&A lifecycle between the signing of the deal through full integration or separation. Projects include consulting on acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, IPOs and legal entity strategy & simplification.

3 year(s)

Preferred Fields of Study:
Accounting & Finance, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting

Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader including:

• Addressing tax issues facing multinational U.S. companies or publicly traded companies, especially in the areas of Subchapter C, ASC 740 and ASC 740-10;
  • Understanding M&A practices, including corporate M&A, private equity, post deal integration, bankruptcy and corporate insolvency;
  • Understanding tax organizational design, process improvement, controls, risk management, tax strategy and implementation of software products;
  • Understanding the application and interpretation of U.S. federal income tax law as it relates to Subchapter C corporations, Subchapter S corporations, partnerships, consolidated groups, corporate bankruptcies and insolvencies and legal entity reorganizations;
  • Understanding ASC 740 and ASC 740-10 provision preparation and review and corporate tax compliance preparation, review and planning;
  • Understanding tax technology implementations, including selection of software packages, assessments of processes and data flows, tax systems implementation and configuration and digital tax transformation;
  • Implementing ERP Systems (such as SAP and Oracle) and tax-related applications such as OneSource,Corptax, Hyperion Tax Provision, Longview Tax, etc.;
  • Participating in client discussions and meetings actively;
  • Communicating a broad range of Firm services;
  • Managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues;
  • Creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members;
  • Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and,
  • Keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.

Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a tax technical professional, researching business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals, considering opportunities across multiple lines of service.

Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:

• Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
  • Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.

Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success to pricing, client value and the negotiation process - including reviewing contracts and finding opportunities to introduce new pricing options.

We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax

For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.