3.6 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Chief SCRUM Master - Digital Upskilling - Senior Manager

Full-time in Tampa, FL
4.3
4.3

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.6-star InHerSight Score, based on 4,039 ratings from 277 current or former employees. 33 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our Digital and Applications Design practice, within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help our clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can get the most out of their technology investment and drive business results and innovation. Our team helps organisations align their business and operational requirements through the careful design of digital platforms and applications. You’ll help our clients with application optimisation, strategic integration of custom packaged solutions like Enterprise Resource Planning and Customer Relationship Management, and roadmap development.

To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.

As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.

Additional Responsibilities:

PwC’s commercial digital upskilling product is a platform which enables a capability based learning experience that transforms companies and individuals to be digitally enabled. Our commercial digital upskilling product is built with the spirit of continuous innovation, providing excellence and value to all users.

6 year(s) of progressive roles as SCRUM Master, Release Train Engineer or Chief SCRUM Master.

Degree Preferred:
Master Degree

Preferred Fields of Study:
Management Information Systems

Certification(s) Preferred:

Certified SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (CASM), Certified SAFe Product Owner (CSPO), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Certified SAFe Release Train Engineer

Demonstrates intimate-level abilities and/or a proven record of success managing efforts with identifying and addressing client needs including:

• Ensuring Scrum is understood and enacted by Product Engineering teams that adhere to Scrum practices;
  • Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC);
  • Operating as a Chief Scrum Master or Release Train Engineer (RTE);
  • Understanding and supporting the Agile delivery model, whether Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Lean Kanban, or another iterative development approach;
  • Leading continuous improvement and creating team empowerment;
  • Communicating effectively on the presentation of complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences;
  • Working with at least one Agile software management tool (VSTS preferred);
  • Understanding Cloud-based products and working with teams who follow CI/CD and DevOps practices;
  • Teaching and coaching SCRUM teams, SCRUM Masters, Product owners and leaders; and,
  • Managing stakeholder expectations, and interacting with them on a regular basis as it relates to software development.

Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:

• Creating successful teams and high trust environments;
  • Managing and optimizing the flow of value through ART and Solution Train;
  • Facilitating release planning events;
  • Tracking and publishing release objectives and team progress for visibility and transparency;
  • Facilitating Agile ceremonies such as Scrum of Scrums, Inspect & Adapt, System/Sprint demo, Retrospective, etc.;
  • Assisting with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to epics, where necessary;
  • Coaching leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets;
  • Helping manage risks and dependencies; escalate and track Impediments;
  • Working with Product and Solution Management, Product Managers, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment;
  • Driving relentless improvement through Inspect and Adapt workshops & assessing the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help them improve;
  • Working with Scrum Masters to increase effectiveness of Agile;
  • Fostering Communities of Practicing and the use of engineering and Built-In Quality practices; and,
  • Partnering with Delivery Leaders to ensure successful delivery against Release commitments.