3.6 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Risk & Regulatory, Enterprise Risk Management - Senior Manager

Full-time in New York City, NY
4.3
4.3

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.6-star InHerSight Score, based on 4,039 ratings from 277 current or former employees. 33 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our Core Risk Enterprise Risk Management practice, within Risk Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations rethink their approach to risk by developing a distinctive strategy and creating capabilities and performance. We play an important part in helping our clients assess, design and develop solutions that not only help them manage risk but also transform risk and complexity into a sustainable advantage. Our team helps organisations implement and sustain enterprise risk management programmes. As part of the team, you’ll help to improve our clients performance and add value by facilitating the proactive governance and management of risk, helping clients identify, assess, and manage known and emerging risks within defined appetite levels and tolerances.

To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future. As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to: - Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all. - Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms. - Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels. - Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail. - Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required. - Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas. - Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area. - Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements. - Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation. - Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.

Degree Preferred:
Master of Business Administration

Additional Educational Preferences:
Coursework in Accounting, Economics or Finance preferred.

Demonstrates intimate knowledge of, and success conducting for clients, enterprise risk management program development, including:
- Monitoring and reporting risk, risk assessments and prioritizations;
- Assisting with facilitating the definition of an organization's risk appetite and tolerance in alignment with their organization's strategy;
- Designing sustainable risk management and compliance processes and structures, including governance and oversight, standards and processes, tools and technology, metrics and reporting;
- Assisting clients with achieving a competitive advantage by managing risk and compliance in a streamlined manner and creating greater resilience to risk;
- Assisting with the structuring of an engagement and providing guidance to staff in the performance of risk and compliance engagements.

Demonstrates intimate proven abilities and success with assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of risk and compliance programs, including:
- Considering leading standards (e.g. COSO, ERM), regulatory requirements and supervisory expectations.
- Designing and implementing data classification and mapping models based on regulatory and business requirements, including providing requisite dashboards and reporting.

Demonstrates intimate proven abilities and success with identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.

Demonstrates intimate proven abilities and success as a team leader: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.