3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted 2 weeks ago on Nov. 27, 2019

Emerging Technologies Strategist, Senior Manager

Full-time in Los Angeles, CA

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,900 ratings from 395 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our Policy, Strategy, and Leadership - Practice Support team provides strategic oversight, manages operations, and develops policies for all aspects of PwC’s Information Technology team.

To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.

As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.

High School Diploma

6 year(s) of progressive roles managing IT transformation that include operations, policy, and business strategy.

Degree Preferred:

Preferred Fields of Study:
Information Technology, Computer Systems Analysis, Management Information Systems

Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:

• Understanding of emerging technologies including artificial intelligence, machine learning, digital twin, distributed ledger technology or blockchain platforms, multi-cloud environments (including Azure, GCP, AWS, Salesforce / Heroku), serverless computing, high-performance computing with GPUs, business-wide networking fabrics, advanced analytics, cryptographic controls for data security and threat modelling;
  • Understanding of process automation, roadmapping, product management (e.g. digital Kanban) and systems architecture / modelling tool;
  • Interpreting the commercial mechanics of Member Firms / Lines of Services and the role of PwC Technology in accelerating the realisation of business value;
  • Working with Member Firms and LOS technology stakeholders to shape and execute Northstar vision underpinned by realistic roadmaps of capability development framed within defined PwC Tech and CTO governance structures;
  • Working with Member Firms / LOS Technology leaders to translate and leverage technology to maximise strategic impact articulated in structured enterprise architectures to help deliver tangible business outcomes;
  • Working with CTO nominated parties as well as with industry specialists to develop comprehensive technology strategies, including IT opportunity assessment, investment portfolio management, information strategy, sourcing strategy, enterprise architecture strategy and more;
  • Analysing current issues and building a fact-based approach to developing and implementing Northstar vision and CTO priorities and roadmaps to address current FY priorities and support future growth that minimises impact of negative technology disruption or enhances realisation of positive tech disruption;
  • Assisting Member Firm / LOS teams to build the required capabilities for growth and innovation in order to sustain consistent pipeline of;
  • Developing a deep understanding of emerging technologies to feed value creation opportunities that often disrupt traditional value chains and challenge orthodoxies;
  • Collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams to shape, propose, communicate and implement PwC technology initiatives; and,
  • Contributing to CTO thought leadership at the intersection of PwC Technology and Global, Regional, Local Member Firms / Lines of Services.

For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.