3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted a month ago on Jan. 19, 2020

BPM Specialist - Automation Lab (PwC Labs)

Full-time in Detroit, MI

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,981 ratings from 401 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

PwC Labs is focused on standardizing, automating, delivering tools and processes and exploring emerging technologies that drive efficiency and enable our people to reimagine the possible. Process improvement, transformation, effective use of innovative technology and data & analytics, and leveraging alternative delivery solutions are key areas of focus to drive additional value for our firm. The Automation Lab within PwC Labs is focused on implementing intelligent process automation solutions that will impact the overall efficiency and effectiveness of our business processes across Tax, Assurance, Advisory, and Internal Firm Services. Process improvement, transformation, system implementation, effective use of technology and data & analytics, and leveraging alternative delivery solutions are key areas of focus to drive additional value to our firm.

As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

• Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
  • Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
  • Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
  • Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from from current trends in business area.
  • Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
  • Share relevant thought leadership.
  • Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
  • Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
  • Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.

The Business Process Management Specialist will assist in the design and implementation of BPM solutions using some of the leading workflow and decision automation platforms and/or other emerging automation technologies,  They will deliver solutions that optimize processes across business strategies and technology capabilities, and assist with the enablement of a centralized automation operation to maximize ROI for on and off shore centers/organizations.

Additional Educational Requirements:

In lieu of a Bachelor Degree, 12 years of professional experience involving technology-focused process improvements, transformations, and/or system implementations.

3 year(s)

Degree Preferred:
Master Degree

Preferred Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science, Analytics, Business Analytics, Engineering, Statistics ?

Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader including:

• Understanding process improvement and improvement methodologies such  as Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen etc.;

• Working in full life cycle of automation solution implementation;

• Producing detailed support documents to match the solution designs and advising a team of functional consultants on aspects around delivery of the solution;

• Understanding business requirements and converting them into automation solutions;

• Demonstrating advanced BPM development skills with extensive experience in designing, developing, maintaining, and supporting Java and/or BPMN tool based applications such as Camunda or AgilePoint;

• Demonstrating considerable analytical skills and ability to code and and configure;

• Performing business and data analytics both as an individual contributor and team member and identifying and addressing business/client needs;

• Understanding of workflow based logic and the ability to both understand a business process from a workflow diagram and to conceptualize it as an automated solution;

• Identifying new process opportunities and accurately analyzing and estimating new processes, quickly assessing feasibility;

• Analyzing, understanding and documenting the business processes in detail where required;

• Supporting the definition of data management requirements, including translating and documenting needs, assessing data, and implementing appropriate data solutions & data warehousing principles and methodologies;

• Identifying and designing appropriate automation workflows;

• Supporting creation of scalable and efficient process automation workflows that identify & create reusable automation components;

• Supporting development of automation workflows such that they result in reusable assets that can be leveraged across other projects;

• Adhering to framework for automation projects to establish manageability and maintainability of automation operations;

• Working within project planning constraints, communicating any identified project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager accordingly and providing inputs to the change control process;

• Creating and documenting test procedures and scenarios;

• Demonstrating knowledge/experience with Camunda (a workflow and decision automation platform); and,

• Presenting, writing and communicating in public and private meeting forums with business leaders.