3.6 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

State and Local Tax - Seasonal Director - Denver

Full-time in Denver, CO
4.3
4.3

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.6-star InHerSight Score, based on 4,055 ratings from 278 current or former employees. 33 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our Flexibility Talent Network practice will focus on directly supporting our client engagement teams by attracting qualified candidates for short term or defined period opportunities. This unique career option provides an alternative to year round employment for people who are looking to pursue meaningful experiences or responsibilities outside their time with PwC.

Responsibilities

As a Director, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:

• Proactively lead the practise by setting strategy, drive the development of new business in the market, and provide technical advice across disciplines
  • Building strong networks within the firm to spot and capitalise on opportunities to get involved in projects that others are leading across a number of different business units and sectors
  • Identifying and discussing key issues with our clients to identify potential opportunities
  • Responsibility for a majority of day to day client communications
  • Responsibility to shape and deliver various projects that exceed the expectations of our clients and our own assignment quality criteria
  • Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
  • Responsibility for management of engagement financials
  • Helping to grow and develop our team through hands on training and coaching

A role within State and Local Tax services will provide you an opportunity to help our clients solve their business issues related to business restructuring, adoption of new tax laws, and communicating local tax developments. You’ll help with assessing our client’s state and local tax burden and recommend solutions that support their overall business objectives to ensure that their filling positions are consistent with good business practices and with the states applicable tax laws and rules.

Required Fields of Study:

Degree Preferred:
Juris Doctorate

Preferred Fields of Study:
Taxation

Demonstrates proven intimate knowledge of, and/or proven success directing teams that manage clients' projects/portfolios involving, a variety of state and local tax laws, including multi-state income tax planning, compliance, preparing returns, income tax accounting, controversies, restructuring, due diligence and audit defense, preferably for a global network of professional services consulting firms.

Demonstrates proven intimate technical tax-related skills, including FAS 109, MS Excel modeling, unitary filing, apportionment methodologies, tax base rules, tax research, compliance and consulting as it relates to multi-state jurisdictions. Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and experience with identifying and addressing client needs, including: - Developing and sustaining deep client relationships using networking, negotiation and persuasion skills to identify and sell potential new service opportunities; - Preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials; and, - Defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collection.