3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted 3 weeks ago on Jan. 21, 2020

PwC Digital Products - Infrastructure DevOps Engineer

Full-time in Dallas, TX

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,981 ratings from 401 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our New Technologies practice, within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can drive business results and innovation. Our team helps organisations to embrace emerging technologies to remain competitive and improve their business by solving complex questions. Our team focuses on identifying and prioritising emerging technologies, breaking into new markets, and preparing clients to get the most out of their emerging technology investments.

As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

• Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
  • Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
  • Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
  • Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
  • Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
  • Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
  • Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
  • Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
  • Focus on building trusted relationships.
  • Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.

The Digital Products team creates high impact software assets that drive business solutions from strategy through build to support and maintenance. We are top tier strategy, creative, and technical talent who work collaboratively to solve clients’ biggest challenges and deliver real, measurable value in a way that’s cheaper, faster and better.

5 year(s)

Degree Preferred:
Master Degree

Preferred Fields of Study:
Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Business Analytics, Computer and Information Science, Computer Engineering & Accounting, Management Information Systems, Mathematics

Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in managerial roles involving executing various aspects of client engagements and/or projects within a professional services environment, including the following areas:

• Maintaining large infrastructure on premise and/or in the cloud;
  • Working with automated configuration and deployment;
  • Working with Docker and related containerization and orchestration technologies;
  • Working with both cloud deployment and on premise release workflows;
  • Working with cloud providers and large hardware installations;
  • Working knowledge and a solid foundation in the basics around how to operate and secure: web servers, databases, systems and configuration management;
  • Working with networking, load balancing, clustering and firewall/security group security concepts;
  • Working knowledge with Linux and Windows systems administration and security concepts;
  • Working knowledge and experience with of several distributions of Linux (Ubuntu, Red Hat) and Windows;
  • Working knowledge and experience with version control software like GitHub, TFS;
  • Working experience with Jenkins/related CI tools, virtualization and Dockers and maintaining and managing cloud infrastructure on Azure, AWS, Google Cloud; and,
  • Demonstrates extensive knowledge of cloud providers and large hardware installations, modern continuous development and integration tools, have an understanding of Linux and Windows OS and internals, and be familiar with Development Operations methodologies and practices.

Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:

• Leading and motivating distributed teams;
  • Fostering team commitment to tasks and influencing key people inside and outside of the group;
  • Demonstrating a flexible communication style based on the audience (i.e., eliminating technical jargon when needed or deep diving into technical details with the development team);
  • Collaborating with cross-functional teams, building relationships and achieving results without a direct reporting relationship;
  • Collaborating with Solution, Application and Data Architects to understand and enable our rapidly evolving development infrastructure;
  • Working with our Product Managers defining infrastructure requirements, SLAs and support requirements for their respective analytic apps/business platforms and associated market facing offerings;
  • Managing the support infrastructure requirements across a portfolio of analytic apps/business platforms with a team of offshore members;
  • Implementing a monitoring and review process to proactively manage needs and establish uptime, stability and reliable access to apps/platforms;
  • Establishing all issues are resolved in a timely manner, while maintaining customer satisfaction;
  • Coordinating the escalation of major technical service issues to the appropriate teams within PwC IT/Cloud;
  • Supporting provider/3rd party as needed;
  • Communicating planned infrastructure activities proactively to the stakeholders;
  • Performing necessary security monitoring, log analysis, and collecting performance metrics for continuous monitoring and improvement; and,
  • Leading continual efforts to automate processes and procedures around apps/ platform infrastructure and provide reliable performance.