3.6 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Ethics & Compliance - Strategic Operations Manager

Full-time in New York City, NY
4.3
4.3

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.6-star InHerSight Score, based on 4,055 ratings from 278 current or former employees. 33 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in Risk Management, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to advance and foster integrity based decision making and conduct by PwC professionals throughout our organisation. You’ll focus on promoting and monitoring compliance with applicable external laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures to help manage PwC’s regulatory, litigation, and reputational risk. Our Compliance team is responsible for oversight of all Compliance activities by our PwC professionals. As part of the team, you’ll help promote and monitor compliance with applicable external and internal policies, laws and regulations and subsequently, manage PwC’s regulatory, litigation and reputational risk.

To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.

As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of your comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.

High School Diploma

4 year(s)

Required Knowledge and Skills:
Must have proven ability to write, communicate, facilitate and present cogently across all levels of staff and leadership management. Must have proven organization, analytical, problem solving, negotiation and research skills to effect process improvement opportunities.

Degree Preferred:

Certification(s) Preferred:
Six Sigma

Considerable knowledge of Independence and Compliance policies and processes.

Demonstrated ability to lead teams in business process analysis and documentation to meet compliance needs; recommend technology improvements for compliance processes and integration of the processes with core Compliance activities. Ability to develop and manage key SLAs and reporting dashboards. Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment with some direct supervision to provide continuous improvement with Ethics & Compliance functions. Considerable experience in enterprise-wide business on-shore and global delivery model project management. Demonstrated experience leading process improvement projects and successfully delivering results. Demonstrated experience with continuous improvement and project management tools and techniques that are applied across a broad spectrum of Ethics & Compliance processes and programs. Demonstrated experience collaborating with Ethics & Compliance functional group leaders and project teams to provide guidance and successfully implement change, translating strategic business goals into operational strategies and work plans.