3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted a month ago on Jan. 19, 2020

Full Stack Technical Leader - Automation Lab (PwC Labs)

Full-time in Detroit, MI

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,981 ratings from 401 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

PwC Labs is focused on standardizing, automating, delivering tools and processes and exploring emerging technologies that drive efficiency and enable our people to reimagine the possible. Process improvement, transformation, effective use of innovative technology and data & analytics, and leveraging alternative delivery solutions are key areas of focus to drive additional value for our firm. The Automation Lab within PwC Labs is focused on implementing intelligent process automation solutions that will impact the overall efficiency and effectiveness of our business processes across Tax, Assurance, Advisory, and Internal Firm Services. Process improvement, transformation, system implementation, effective use of technology and data & analytics, and leveraging alternative delivery solutions are key areas of focus to drive additional value to our firm.

As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

• Arrange appropriate assignments and experiences to support others' learning and development.
  • Seek out different ways to use current and relevant technological advances.
  • Analyse marketplace trends - economical, social, cultural, technological - to identify opportunities and create value propositions.
  • Deploy methods to keep up with, and stay ahead of, new developments and ideas.
  • Offer a global perspective in stakeholder discussions and when shaping solutions/recommendations.
  • Drive and take ownership for developing networks that help deliver what is best for stakeholders.
  • Proactively manage stakeholders to create positive outcomes for all parties.
  • Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.

Additional Educational Requirements:

In lieu of a Bachelor Degree, 12 years of professional experience involving technology-focused process improvements, transformations, and/or system implementations.

8 year(s)

Demonstrates thought leader level knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:

• Utilizing established development tools, guidelines, and conventions to create software solutions using technologies such as; ASP, .NET, SQL Server, HTML, CSS, Java, C#, Angular, and Entity Framework;

• Thorough knowledge of Object Orientated Programming and Principles and the agile programming methodology;

• Utilizing Microsoft Application Lifecycle Management using Visual Studio Team Foundation/Azure DevOps; and,

• Thorough knowledge of the software development life-cycle.

Demonstrates thought leader level abilities and/or a proven record of success assisting on client engagements or enterprise-wide projects and working in a fast paced, agile environment, including the following areas:

• Utilizing NET MVC and Entity Framework Development and Design, Microsoft SQL Development Design and reviewing of the enterprise scale applications;

• Utilizing Microsoft TFS experience working in highly structured branched environment merging code from one branch to another;

• Working in an Agile process, planning work daily, resolving development blockers, and escalating issues appropriately;

• Helping teams scope development work items and managing time and quality targets within a sprint;

• Leading scrum meetings, retrospective meetings, prioritizing and assigning work items and monitoring the progress;

• Reviewing designs and code deliverables to establish adherence to development standards and providing feedback/coaching to developers on areas for improvement; and,

• Providing leadership across a team comprised of staff and vendor resources.

Demonstrates experience in a professional services environment utilizing automation & digitization in a professional services environment, including but not limited to:

• Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;

• Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leveraging data visualization tools to provide insights to clients; and,

• Transforming the business by creating capacity and delivering an enhanced employee and client experience.

Proven experience with evaluating and negotiating new and existing contracts, as well as leveraging pricing tools to contribute to pricing strategies.