3.6 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Digital Products - Solution Architect Sr. Manager

Full-time in Dallas, TX
4.3
4.3

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.6-star InHerSight Score, based on 4,039 ratings from 277 current or former employees. 33 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our New Technologies practice, within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can drive business results and innovation. Our team helps organisations to embrace emerging technologies to remain competitive and improve their business by solving complex questions. Our team focuses on identifying and prioritising emerging technologies, breaking into new markets, and preparing clients to get the most out of their emerging technology investments.

To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future. As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to: - Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all. - Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms. - Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels. - Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail. - Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required. - Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas. - Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area. - Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements. - Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation. - Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.

The Digital Products team creates high impact software assets that drive business solutions from strategy through build to support and maintenance. We are top tier strategy, creative, and technical talent who work collaboratively to solve clients’ biggest challenges and deliver real, measurable value in a way that’s cheaper, faster and better.

Additional Educational Requirements:

Other quantitative fields of study may be considered.

10 year(s)

Degree Preferred:
Master Degree

Preferred Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science, Computer Applications, Computer Management, Management Information Systems, Information Technology

Certification(s) Preferred:

TOGAF, PMI and/or certifications in programming, business intelligence/data warehousing

Demonstrates intimate knowledge and/or a proven record of success in managerial roles involving executing various aspects of client engagements and/or projects within a professional services environment, including the following areas:

• Web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture including microservices, enterprise application architecture, as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints;
  • Current agile methodologies, specifically Scrum; - Web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap framework, AngularJS, Yeoman, D3js, Nodejs, Page 3 of 23 Job Description Data jQuery;
  • Data architecture, data modeling and data management across relational, columnar and noSQL technologies like SQL Server, MongoDB, Vertica, neo4j;
  • Big data technologies like Hadoop (Hortwonworks, Cloudera, Cloud based HDInsight, EMR), Spark, Kafka, Elasticsearch and others;
  • Service creation and orchestration using ESBs like Mulesoft, Talend;
  • Advanced analytics development experience with R, Python a plus; - Architecting solutions across on premise and cloud a plus; and,
  • Cloud based data and analytics native PaaS components in Azure, Google Cloud, AWS a plus.

Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in consulting-related projects within a professional services environment, emphasizing leading of teams involved in full life-cycle software and/or multi-discipline development, including the following areas:

• Fostering team commitment to tasks and influence key people inside and outside of the group;
  • Communicating based on the audience (i.e. eliminating technical jargon when needed or deep diving into technical details with the development team);
  • Collaborating with cross-functional teams, building relationships and achieving results without a direct reporting relationship;
  • Grasping a range of functional and non-functional requirements to understand an application scope and define the right architecture, including solution components and interactions;
  • Architecting and designing cross industry business solutions using industry leading practices in technology, performance and scalability;
  • Evaluating, defining, and when necessary prototyping and guiding development teams in a hands-on manner on alternatives to determine the most appropriate approach for each solution;
  • Determining how to satisfy functional requirements using existing platform architecture and services, and where appropriate, work with Platform Architect to help define and create new services to fulfill particular needs and make recommendations;
  • Collaborating with Platform, Solution, Application and Data Architects towards creating industry leading approaches, architecture design and solutions in a rapidly evolving development environment;
  • Working with cross functional teams such as engineering and product management to provide feedback and support the evolution of the platform and solution offerings;
  • Providing direction and guidance, hands-on development support, code review, development oversight, and support to successfully deliver on time with quality;
  • Contributing to on-going process and methodology improvements; and,
  • Establishing architecture governance with compliance of technology solutions with architectural patterns and standards.