3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted a month ago on Nov. 1, 2019

Experienced Associate, Risk Assurance - Process Assurance (Portland)

Full-time in Portland, OR

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,900 ratings from 395 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career within Process Assurance services, will enable you to assist clients in optimising control activities, organisational strategy, and policies and procedures. You’ll conduct transaction testing, perform readiness assessments, and leverage various technical Information Technology controls (e.g. databases, operating systems, data warehouses, and reporting tools) in order to help our clients achieve optimal operational efficiency.

To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future. As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to: - Invite and provide evidence-based feedback in a timely and constructive manner. - Share and collaborate effectively with others. - Work with existing processes/systems whilst making constructive suggestions for improvements. - Validate data and analysis for accuracy and relevance. - Follow risk management and compliance procedures. - Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area. - Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form. - Seek opportunities to learn about other cultures and other parts of the business across the Network of PwC firms. - Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.

Required Fields of Study:
Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Economics, Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance & Technology, Business Administration/Management, Engineering, Accounting & Technology, Mathematics

1 year(s) of IT auditing, consulting and/or implementing experience

Certification(s) Required:
Before starting with PwC full time, must be eligible to sit for the primary credential exam appropriate for the relevant practice area, such as having 150 credit hours to sit for the CPA exam in certain states.

Certification(s) Preferred:
CPA License, CISA or CIA

Demonstrates basic knowledge of providing services related to controls around the financial reporting, compliance and operational processes, including business process and IT management controls, which includes a proven record of success with facilitating and completing deliverables involving the following:
- Financial reporting and information technology risks, processes and controls;
- Current and emerging technologies which may include: Oracle, SAP, Oracle Database, web development tools, virtualization, UNIX, Linux, and security technologies;
- COSO Framework, CoBIT and/or other leading business and IT control frameworks; and,
- Key domains of information technology general controls, including change management, access to programs and data, computer operations and systems development.

Demonstrates basic skills and abilities related to controls around the financial reporting, compliance and operational processes within a professional services firm or large enterprise a consultant, auditor or business process specialist, including business process and IT management controls, which includes a proven record of success with completing deliverables related to the following:
- Identifying key risks and controls, knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley readiness, controls optimization, including the configuration of controls around security, business process and within IT environments;
- Applying internal control principles and business/technical knowledge including information technology general controls and application controls; financial reporting concepts; working experience applying professional skepticism skills;
- Facilitating aspects of the adaption a work program and practice aid, as well as perform assessments, using PwC's proprietary or other relevant tools to evaluate controls, security, SOD, and potential for optimization;
- Exhibiting project management skills, including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules;
- Assisting in the creation of a positive environment, monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations, and respecting the work-life quality of team members. This includes providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner and keeping leadership informed of progress; and,
- Interacting with clients on solutions and executing projects on client engagements, forming client relationships and demonstrating an understanding of the client's business.