3.6 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Compensation, Tax, and Accounting - Director

Full-time in Philadelphia, PA
4.3
4.3

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.6-star InHerSight Score, based on 4,055 ratings from 278 current or former employees. 33 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our Reward practice, within People and Organisation services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients reset their talent strategies and deliver extraordinary business results through their people. We focus on evaluating and managing their unique challenges so our clients can maximise their return on the overall investment in human capital. You’ll gain a tremendous depth of expertise in all aspects of human capital, including creating sustainable value through people culture and change, designing compensation and retirement strategies, and improving human capital operations. Our team helps organisations set their compensation strategies through analysis of industry benchmarks, company policies and culture, and employee performance. As part of our team, you’ll help our clients determine their compensation structure, executive pay packages, legal and regulatory requirements, tax implications, and financial reporting and accounting advice.

Responsibilities

As a Director, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:

• Proactively lead the practise by setting strategy, drive the development of new business in the market, and provide technical advice across disciplines
  • Building strong networks within the firm to spot and capitalise on opportunities to get involved in projects that others are leading across a number of different business units and sectors
  • Identifying and discussing key issues with our clients to identify potential opportunities
  • Responsibility for a majority of day to day client communications
  • Responsibility to shape and deliver various projects that exceed the expectations of our clients and our own assignment quality criteria
  • Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
  • Responsibility for management of engagement financials
  • Helping to grow and develop our team through hands on training and coaching

Preferred skills

Degree Preferred:
    Juris Doctorate

Preferred Fields of Study:
    Taxation

Extensive knowledge of design, regulatory, compliance, financial reporting and technical aspects of compensation arrangements in either a major law-firm, consulting or corporate environment. Thorough knowledge of domestic and global governmental compliance programs and qualified and non-qualified benefit programs, and experience with financial analysis. Considerable knowledge of tax and/or accounting policy research, analysis and working with complex tax and accounting issues.

Extensive technical skills in a wide array of compensation and benefit matters including; qualified and non-qualified plans, executive compensation and health & welfare arrangements. Thorough experience identifying and addressing client needs: developing and sustaining deep client relationships using networking, negotiation and persuasion skills to identify and sell potential new service opportunities; preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials; and defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collection. Thorough experience as a team leader: leading teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation.