At PwC, we respect and value differences. When people from different backgrounds and with different points of view work together, we create the most value – for our clients, our people and society. Learn more
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 6,139 ratings from 412 employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.
A career in our Investigative Analytics practice, within Forensics Technology services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients protect their business in today’s evolving landscape by applying advanced and strategic approaches to information management. We focus on assisting organisations manage vast amounts of electronic data and navigate the legal and business processes demanded by critical events which includes litigation, regulatory requests and internal investigations.
Our team helps design and build investigation support systems for our clients that work with, review, and provide insights of the data under investigation without the need for complex data analysis skills and without the risk of damaging the underlying evidence.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
Focus on building trusted relationships.
Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5 year(s)
Degree Preferred: Bachelor Degree
Preferred Fields of Study: Management Information Systems, Engineering, Accounting, Computer and Information Science, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Statistics
Database and programming certifications, such as Oracle, MS SQL Server; CPA; and/or PMI. Certified Fraud Examiner is a plus.
Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge of, and/or success in managerial roles involving, forensic technology, forensic accounting, technical investigations, and/or accounting-related and business consulting projects, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including the following areas:
- Managing business transactions, such as divestitures, mergers and acquisitions;
- Managing relational and NoSQL Databases, especially utilizing one or more of the following environments: Data Visualization Tools - Tableau; Spotfire, QlikView, etc., R or Base SASData Analytics - Microsoft SQL, Oracle, Informatica; or, VBA or Python;
- Managing ERPs, especially multiple business and accounting cycles, financial reporting activities, and data models;
- Understanding industry-specific business processes and accounting practices, such as Healthcare, Oil and Gas, Utilities, etc.; and,
- Consulting or helping to manage industry-related data analytics and/or financial management, emphasizing multiple business and accounting cycles.
Demonstrates extensive level of ability in and/or proven record of success with forensic technology, forensic accounting, technical investigations and/or accounting-related and business consulting projects, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including the following areas:
- Managing multiple engagement teams and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, cross-functional, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment;
- Leading teams to translate business and accounting requirements into technical solutions’ specifications;
- Creating, managing, and utilizing high performance relational and NoSQL databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Microsoft Access, OLAP and other proprietary software;
- Gathering, standardizing, and analyzing voluminous transactional electronic data, such as banking records, general ledgers, sales and inventory data, etc.;
- Querying and mining large data sets to discover transaction patterns, examining financial data and filtering for targeted information that utilize both traditional and predictive/advanced analytic methodologies;
- Designing and developing user interfaces and database reports;
- Creating proposals and other business development activities as appropriate;
- Fostering positive working relationship with clients and working effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services;
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials;
- Communicating cogently when writing, speaking and/or presenting to client finance and technology personnel, client in-house and outside legal counsel, compliance personnel, investigators, vendors and internal team members; and,
- Leading and training teams in the aforementioned activities, coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback and creating an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation.