3.6 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Compensation, Tax and Accounting - Manager

Full-time in Detroit, MI
4.3
4.3

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.6-star InHerSight Score, based on 4,039 ratings from 277 current or former employees. 33 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our Reward practice, within People and Organisation services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients reset their talent strategies and deliver extraordinary business results through their people. We focus on evaluating and managing their unique challenges so our clients can maximise their return on the overall investment in human capital. You’ll gain a tremendous depth of expertise in all aspects of human capital, including creating sustainable value through people culture and change, designing compensation and retirement strategies, and improving human capital operations. Our team helps organisations set their compensation strategies through analysis of industry benchmarks, company policies and culture, and employee performance. As part of our team, you’ll help our clients determine their compensation structure, executive pay packages, legal and regulatory requirements, tax implications, and financial reporting and accounting advice.

Responsibilities

As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:

• Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
  • Be involved in the financial management of clients
  • Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
  • Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
  • Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
  • Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
  • Train, coach, and supervise staff
  • Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
  • Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand

Degree Preferred:
Juris Doctorate

Preferred Fields of Study:
Taxation

Thorough knowledge of design, regulatory, compliance, financial reporting and technical aspects of compensation arrangements in either a major law-firm, consulting or corporate environment. Considerable knowledge of domestic and global governmental compliance programs and qualified and non-qualified benefit programs, and experience with financial analysis. Working knowledge of tax and/or accounting policy research, analysis and working with complex tax and accounting issues.

Comprehensive technical skill in a wide array of compensation and benefit matters including; qualified and non-qualified plans, executive compensation and health & welfare arrangements. Considerable experience identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials. Considerable experience as a team leader: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.