3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted a month ago on Nov. 1, 2019

Technical Delivery Manager - Cloud Development

Full-time in Los Angeles, CA

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,900 ratings from 395 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our Technical Infrastructure and Transformation team assists PwC with information technology transformation efforts, helping us to improve our business value through optimising our information technology capabilities. You’ll help PwC understand, plan for, and realise strategic business opportunities in information technology.

To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future. As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to: - Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all. - Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms. - Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels. - Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail. - Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required. - Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas. - Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area. - Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements. - Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation. - Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.

The Research, and Prototyping team provides continuous testing, technical evaluations, and rapid prototyping across various technologies to identify solutions that are fit for PwC’s Network of Firms.

High School Diploma

6 year(s) of progressive roles managing enterprise-wide technology transformation and innovation.

Degree Preferred:

Preferred Fields of Study:
Management Information Systems, Information Technology

Certification(s) Preferred:

PMP, ITIL, CCNA, Cloud-related certifications, and CISSP preferred but not required

Demonstrates intimate-level abilities and/or a proven record of success managing efforts in the following areas:

• Possessing a technical background in architecture or engineering in enterprise technology;
  • Conducting rapid prototyping and testing methodologies (e.g. Proof of Concepts);
  • Providing technical and functional evaluation of various technologies;
  • Possessing the ability to appropriately articulate, recommend, and document various technologies as a strategic fit for PwC;
  • Designing and building technology solutions aligned to a global central service environment;
  • Juggling multiple projects at once and the ability to quickly pivot to different tasks as needed by the business or leadership;
  • Working with multiple stakeholders across functional and technical skill sets;
  • Building and maintaining relationships across the network of firms to effectively deliver Technology Transformation activities on behalf of the team;
  • Encouraging improvement and innovation; and,
  • Nurturing and developing less-experienced staff through coaching and written and/or verbal feedback.

Demonstrates intimate level abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:

• Driving and executing the delivery of global technology solutions for member firm adoption;
  • Contributing to the development of new subject matter/technical domain specialization;
  • Resolving complex problems by continuously applying significant independent judgment and by collaborating with others;
  • Influencing others through a small team of direct reports, through work on projects and in teams, and/or through leading portions of larger projects;
  • Engaging with teams from project inception to understand goals and create project plans;
  • Reporting at team and leadership levels on project status, execution of project based on cost, service level, and performance;
  • Identifying areas of change management and suggesting innovative ways to address it;
  • Preparing reports and presentations at the project and executive levels;
  • Working with leaders/owners of the process or service to be knowledgeable of current practices and identifying areas for improvement; and,
  • Facilitating collaboration among team leads on a project to address project issues and execution.

For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.