3.9 | New York City, NY | Accounting | 5001 to 10000 Employees

Posted 4 days ago on Feb. 23, 2020

Data Analyst - Investigative Analytics - Experienced Associate

Full-time in Los Angeles, CA

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is an accounting company headquartered in the New York City, NY area with 5001 to 10000 employees. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has a 3.9-star InHerSight Score, based on 5,981 ratings from 401 current or former employees. 53 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

A career in our Forensic & Investigative Analytics practice, within Forensic Technology services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients protect their business in today’s evolving landscape by applying advanced and strategic approaches to information management. We focus on assisting organisations manage vast amounts of electronic data and navigate the legal and business processes demanded by critical events which includes litigation, regulatory requests and internal investigations. Our team helps design and build investigation support systems for our clients that work with, review, and provide insights of the data under investigation without the need for complex data analysis skills and without the risk of damaging the underlying evidence.

As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:

• Invite and provide evidence-based feedback in a timely and constructive manner.
  • Share and collaborate effectively with others.
  • Work with existing processes/systems whilst making constructive suggestions for improvements.
  • Validate data and analysis for accuracy and relevance.
  • Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
  • Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
  • Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in written form.
  • Seek opportunities to learn about other cultures and other parts of the business across the Network of PwC firms.
  • Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct

1 year(s) of consulting or relevant industry experience in data analytics and / or financial management

Degree Preferred:
Master Degree

Certification(s) Preferred:

Database and programming certifications, such as Oracle, MS SQL Server; CPA; PMI; and/or Certified Fraud Examiner

Demonstrates some proven knowledge of, and/or success in individual contributor roles involving, forensic technology, forensic accounting and/or technical investigations, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including the following areas:

- Business transaction environment, such as divestitures, mergers and acquisitions;

- Performing in or maintaining relational and NoSQL Databases, especially utilizing one or more of the following environments: Data Visualization Tools - Tableau; Spotfire, QlikView, etc., R or Base SASData Analytics - Microsoft SQL, Oracle, Informatica; or, VBA or Python;

- Understanding ERPs, especially multiple business and accounting cycles, financial reporting activities, and data models; and,

- Understanding industry-specific business processes and accounting practices, such as Healthcare, Oil and Gas, Utilities, etc.

Demonstrates some level of ability in and/or proven records of success with forensic technology, forensic accounting and/or technical investigations, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including the following areas:

- Navigating multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, cross-functional, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment;

- Working effectively on accounting-related and business consulting projects;

- Working within teams to translate business and accounting requirements into technical solutions? specifications;

- Creating, managing, and utilizing high performance relational and NoSQL databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Microsoft Access, OLAP and other proprietary software;

- Gathering, standardizing, and analyzing voluminous transactional electronic data, such as banking records, general ledgers, sales and inventory data;

- Querying and mining large data sets to discover transaction patterns, examining financial data and filtering for targeted information using traditional as well as predictive/advanced analytic methodologies;

- Designing and developing user interfaces and database reports;

- Supervising and training junior associates in the aforementioned activities;

- Assisting leadership in creating proposals, budgets, work-plans and other business development activities as appropriate;

- Fostering a positive working relationship with clients and working effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services; and,

- Communicating cogently when writing, speaking and/or presenting both internally and externally.

For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.