Publix Super Markets

2.2
2.2
2.0
1.8

Comments

There is definitely an “Old Boy Network” in place within the hierarchy. Women are allowed at mid-level management, but beyond that - it’s who you know, and how you play the game. It’s political to its core. If you wish to move forward, don’t make any waves, align yourself with a powerful person in upper-level management, and conform. You might have great innovative ideas, but keep them to yourself until you are sure of a sympathetic ear.

Publix has NO female leaders in place. They have a terrible (on-going) record for sexual harassment. I’ve personally been harassed, called HR and NOTHING was done to help me or change the manger’s ways of speaking/acting towards women in the work place. Complete disgrace of a company. I need to paycheck right now but I would NEVER let my daughter (if I ever have one in the future) work for Publix.

I did not enjoy it. I would not recommend, because of the social climate of working in a grocery store. The pay is also not good, and it takes a long time to get to a place of making good money within the company. There was also very little diversity in management in terms of ethnicity.

When employed by Publix, we were told never to discuss pay rate but of course we did. Many women, some who had been there many years, were making half of what newly employed men were making. I know for myself, I did more than my fair share of heavy labor and the men would laugh and say to just let me handle the hard work, I was told this by a supportive make co-worker who reported it to the store manager, who did nothing. They were also paid twelve dollars an hour, I was making nine. I left that job with nothing more than terrible arthritis, nothing more.

This is a great company to work for, but one area that really needs to see some improvement is how the company works with parents. They will not offer set schedules at all making it nearly impossible to work with a daycare or school schedule.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Publix Super Markets?