Get Matched

4.0 Learning Opportunities
3.9 Maternity and Adoptive Leave
3.8 Social Activities and Environment
3.5 Salary Satisfaction

Comments

I am proud to work for a wonderful company that gives opportunities to people of all backgrounds, races, religions, sexual preferences and sexes. It's a great place for hard working moms that want a nice balance of family and career. The opportunities here are endless and the care they have for their employees, families of their employees and communities is real and it shows!

I love working here but wish they offered better maternity leave, longer and fully paid, not just short term disability.

Management seems to present an attitude that they are friendly toward women, and my department does have a woman in a management role. However, there are several individuals in my department who are sexist and treat women disrespectfully in a number of ways, including talking over them, belittling them, and implying that they are not qualified for their positions when the women in the department tend to have several years more experience than the men.

Promotions are slow to come, company culture is not very welcoming to outsiders. However, benefits are competitive with the industry and in Des Moines one great benefit for working families is the child development center, it is very expensive but very high quality.

Work in HR or Recruiting for Principal Financial Group?