Posted a month ago on Sept. 28, 2020

Senior Software Engineer Automation

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.

Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.

Senior automation engineer is responsible for automation, automation frameworks, testing and CI/CD pipelines for the WildFire product. You will collaborate with the Software Engineering team during product development and release. You will participate in a fast, educational work environment, with short release cycles. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining the automation framework, writing and automating tests for features, and working on maintaining CI/CD pipelines. You will also be responsible for developing and maintaining tools to improve the efficiency of deployment and maintenance of the cloud system.

Qualifications

Your Experience

• Intermediate to advanced level Python coding skills

• Experience in developing and maintaining automation frameworks

• Ability to design tools, libraries in automation framework

• Automating tests within release cycles using python frameworks

• Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines

• Experience with QA methodologies and fast release cycles

• Experience with Cloud technologies (MQSL, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)

• Experience with REST API automation and concepts

• Experience with Continuous Integration systems like Jenkins

• Experience with cloud products such as GCP is a plus

• Understanding how web services are deployed, maintained and updated is a plus

• Experience with SSL, DNS, TCP, and UDP networking is a plus

• Experience with agile, scrum process is a plus

• Proven track record of learning new technologies

• MS or BS in Computer Science or related majors

Additional Information

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

#LI-Dreese2