At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a Resident Engineer (RE) who will provide on-site expert support, analysis and research into complex problems and processes relating to the deployment of Palo Alto Networks equipment. In this role, you will function as the Palo Alto Networks Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will interact directly with the customer's personnel. You will serve as the technical expert on executive-level project teams within the customer providing technical direction, interpretation, and alternatives. You will also contribute to the development of new principles and concepts, work on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. This is a highly technical, hands-on role and you will be required to develop and maintain expertise on the products and solutions deployed within the Customer's network.
- Work full-time at the customer site
- Analyze logs and events from the solution and provide threat analysis reports
- Build custom security policies and application signatures
- Interact with the Palo Alto Networks TAC to troubleshoot and diagnose cases
- Mitigate web-based threats in a timely manner
- Maintain the Palo Alto Networks solution and provide guidance on code upgrades, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with IDS/IPS solutions and technologies
- Experience managing Palo Alto Networks firewall solutions in large environments
- Experience of deploying firewalls in a mobile radio environment
- Experience with configuration and troubleshooting the GPRS Tunnelling Protocol (GTP)
- Experience with configuration and troubleshooting the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)
- Extensive knowledge of different security threats; particularly in a mobile radio environment
- Strong understanding of core Internet protocols and applications
- Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration, and operation of high-end firewall appliances, especially Palo Alto Networks products
- Strong TCP/IP networking skills
- Ability to effectively manage many different tasks simultaneously
- Extensive background in internetworking, LAN, and WAN technologies required
- Ability to problem-solve complex problems relating to Palo Alto Networks’ platforms.
- Understanding of change management processes
Our Professional Services team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients post-sale. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign — it evolves.
As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and fixing integrations and critical issues as they are raised. But you won’t wait for them to be raised, you’ll seek them out, too. We fix and identify technical problems with a pointed focus on providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.