Posted a month ago on Sept. 11, 2020

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.  We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

Your Career

We are looking for a first level ASIC Design Manager to manage and lead a high performing ASIC design team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall design effort from architecture definition to production of complex digital ASICs used in next-generation firewall products. In addition to being directly responsible for the design team, you will partner closely with the architecture, verification, and PD teams to deliver to aggressive feature, performance, cost and schedule targets of Palo Alto Networks’ ASICs.

The ideal candidate will be a consensus driven leader with management and leadership experience in small to large size organizations, with comprehensive system and silicon development experience, and a proven track record of first-pass success in ASIC and Systems.

Qualifications

Your Impact

• Define and drive the ASIC Design methodology and workflows
  • Define schedules, provide technical leadership for, and perform the following tasks:
    • Chip level architecture and microarchitecture specifications
    • Design implementation/RTL coding
    • Synthesis and timing closure
  • Define, implement and maintain key performance indicators (KPI) for ASIC design responsibilities
  • Directly manage and mentor a team of junior and senior engineers
  • Collaborate with many teams across Palo Alto Networks such as SW, architecture, verification, and physical design to deliver best in class ASICs.
  • Identify candidates, hire, schedule, support and train a team of ASIC design engineers in order to develop ASICs on time and on budget

Your Experience

• BS EE, CE or CS; or equivalent work experience required, MSEE preferred
  • Minimum of 10 years ASIC design and 5 years of ASIC design management experience required
  • Experience with several complete and successful ASIC design cycles from architecture to production required
  • Hands-on experience with all aspects of ASIC development from architecture to netlist required
  • Knowledge of Synthesis, DFT, floor planning, physical design place and route flows desired
  • Experience working on multiple projects and adjusting priorities in partnership with stakeholders
  • Strong leadership/communication/interpersonal skills required
  • Networking experience is highly desirable

The Team

To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about creating products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.

Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it.  If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

L1#-MB2

Additional Information

All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.