Posted a month ago on Sept. 14, 2020

Product Line Manager (Prisma Access)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career

In this role, you will work with cutting edge technology including public cloud, cloud management, SaaS, and network security service functions, helping to further disrupt cyber security industry. In addition to your own creativity, you will also rely on interaction with customers and partners to understand the requirements and needs. You will be expected to deliver product functionality for the area of ownership that matches Palo Alto's level of innovation found throughout the product. This role is mostly involved with the cloud-based security services throughout all stages of life cycle (conception, requirements definition, development, release and post-release activities) managing strategic planning, feature selection and tactical activities. Be a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, be able to work independently and as a teammate, identify sales needs and address them as needed.

Your Impact

• Ownership of Prisma Access Security Services feature set including feature prioritization and tradeoff decision making
  •  Shape best in class cloud delivered security services in SASE framework
  • Understanding key customer problems, requirements development and ensuring feature/product is built right to solve the key problems
  • Collaborating with Product Marketing to create product related sales and marketing materials; evangelizing the products and product strategy both internally and externally
  • Work with your Technical Marketing Engineer to help customers, channel partners, and system engineers with product related questions and hands-on technical training
  • Develop and deliver competitive positioning strategies
  • Ability to work effectively with all areas of the organization, from business development, engineering to sales
  • Customer engagement and relationship development for product evangelism, and requirements gathering

Qualifications

• BS/MS in Computer Science, or another engineering/technical degree
  • Strong desire to take ownership of full product life cycle
  • Drive to design something new , innovative, and disruptive in cloud delivered security
  • Strong domain expertise in the following areas: network security, SaaS , cloud delivered, security services
  • Relevant experience with cloud-based security services identified in the SASE framework (Firewall as a service, SWG, DLP, ZTNA , SSL, Service Chaining etc)
  • Minimum 7-10 years in product management or equivalent
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
  • Demonstrable track record of success
  • Experience managing a team of high performers

Additional Information

The Team

To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.

Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping implementing product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.