Posted 4 months ago on March 31, 2020

Resident Engineer (contractor) - Houston, TX

Contract in Houston, TX
Palo Alto Networks is a computer & network security company headquartered in the Santa Clara, CA area with 5001 to 10000 employees. Palo Alto Networks has a 4.2-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,186 ratings from 82 employees. 28 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Your Career

You will provide guidance and technical support to clients deploying our security integrations. You’ll act as the technical partner, providing strategic guidance around complex systems to secure a digital environment. Interacting directly with the client, you’ll partner closely with client personnel to guide and suggest integrations to better serve their success. Your thorough understanding of our product integrations contributes to the development of new principles and concepts – providing detailed analysis around what’s working, what’s not, and what could be better.

You enjoy implementation work, are proactive about resolving potential concerns, and operate well around strict best practices that enable our clients on their road to a more secure digital world. You’re creative, innovative, and you love a challenge – learning how integrations might work better around new products and technologies.

Your Impact

Work full-time at the customer site

Communicate with the customer(s), sales teams, peers, engineering and support teams as appropriate

Understand the customer environment, requirements, and security roadmap to implement the appropriate security solution

Configure, implement, and maintain Security Operating Platform

Optimize and migrate policies and objects from the existing environment to our Next-Gen Firewall. Experience deploying security solutions into AWS or Azure

Test and validate the migration environment

Coordinate and execute cutover to production

Provide guidance on code upgrades

Facilitate the development of new application and threat signatures

Interact with our Technical Assistance Center (TAC) to understand and diagnose support cases

Some travel may be required, dependent on customer request

You work with the customer's security & network teams to build confidence across the business units impacted by the change to Palo Alto Networks

Your Experience

Minimum of 5 years’ experience with network/security solutions and technologies

Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading security solutions in large environments

Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration, and operation of high-end firewall appliances, ideally Palo Alto Networks® products

You're experienced in internetworking, LAN, and WAN technologies

You have a good understanding of Internet protocols and applications

Possess the following industry certifications: CISSP, CCNA, CNSE, JNCIE-SEC

You effectively handle multiple projects and work calmly in high pressure

You're an excellent writer, with strong verbal communication skills, with demonstrable ability to communicate to senior leaders and technical peers

The Team

Our professional services team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients post-sale. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves.

As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised. But you won’t wait for them to be raised, you’ll seek them out, too. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.