Posted a month ago on Sept. 24, 2020

Product Manager (Certifications)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyber attacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.

Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.

Your Career

Palo Alto Networks is building a world-class product management organization and continues to look for top-notch product managers to expand the team. As a product manager of certifications at Palo Alto Networks, you will play an instrumental role in attaining many certifications across our product line.  Certifications are of high value as they enable our products to be sold into many key markets around the world.  In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating all activities related to the product certifications, as well as individually contributing much of the content required to obtain these certifications.

Your Impact

• Work closely with Product Management, Sales, Engineering and other stakeholders to develop certification strategies and execute in a timely manner, ensuring alignment of certification strategies and execution plans to business and product imperatives

• Own and drive all aspects of certification projects from start to finish with an eye for detail and accuracy.

• Understand complex technical security architectures (including cloud architecture) and apply that to certification and compliance projects as needed.

• Effectively communicate with all invested areas of the organization and management stakeholders, from engineering to sales

• Develop a solid technical understanding of the product line to speak fluently with consultants, certification agencies, and more to achieve certifications with a few additional resources as possible

• Perform basic product testing and certifications documentation development to ensure success during the certification process

Qualifications

Your Experience

• At least 5-7 years of total experience in Compliance or Governance and Risk Management

• At least career level experience for technology focused risk assessments and remediation management

• At least career level experience managing third party audits such as SOC2, SOX, ISO 27001 ( and/or other ISO extensions), PCI

• Skilled in cross-functional team project and program management.

• Excellent written and verbal communication skills

• Working experience in one or more of these certifications including ISO 27001 (and/or other ISO extensions), SOC2, FedRAMP or other country-specific certifications for European and APAC countries

• Hands-on in-style and approach to working with very strong interest and demonstrable aptitude in technology products

• A real passion to learn new certification schemes and processes

• Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal partners and customers

• Understand the challenges of working in distributed environment with multiple teams working on different problems

• Curious, positive, “can-do” and transparent attitude is very critical for success

• Unafraid to take charge, ask hard questions, manage distractions confidently yet respectfully and drive to goals

• Strong ability to work with minimum supervision

• Assertive yet open, thoughtful, respectful, and easy to work with; must embody Palo Alto Networks values

• BS degree ( or equivalent technical degree) required; MS preferred

• CISA, CRISC, CISSP or other similar security certifications desired

Additional Information

The Team

To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyber attacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.

Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping to implement product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.