Posted a month ago on Sept. 18, 2020

Senior Software Engineer (Prisma Cloud Security)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA

Company Description

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our digital way of life. It’s inspired by our vision: a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t simple statements. They won’t be easy either – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the nature of cybersecurity as we are.

Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.

Your Career

We are looking for a Software Engineer (Prisma Cloud - Shift Left Security) who is responsible for building products that protect data, workloads and infrastructure for some of the largest enterprise customers in the world. You would help the customers in their journey to the public cloud by ensuring they have the best in class protection. The public cloud market has been growing at a very rapid rate for the last few years. As more and more enterprises leverage public cloud, there is an insatiable demand for securing workloads in public cloud. We not only secure production runtime workloads but are also embarking on introducing cloud product offerings to help prevent vulnerabilities from getting to production. This team is primarily responsible for building out the innovative product offerings around cloud security.

Your Impact

• Designing and implementing solutions to some really challenging engineering and research problems
  • Develop, troubleshoot and maintain production level application code for new and existing services and products
  • Hands on experience with public cloud computing services (AWS, GCP and Azure).
  • Recommend alternate approaches, analyze impacts, and provide sizing estimates
  • Participate and provide substantial input in design sessions and code reviews
  • Contribute and deploy plugins / extensions to various marketplaces.
  • Mentor the team and help them grow technically. Help to improve the quality of the team's output
  • Contribute to building security tools and define industry best practices.
  • Create and deploy applications on multiple platform marketplaces.

Qualifications

Your Experience

• Fullstack engineer who can learn and adapt to new programming languages and technologies on an as-needed basis
  • Strong computer science fundamentals (e.g. understanding of lock-free data structures, bloom filters, minimal flawless hashing, consistent hashing etc)
  • A plus to have knowledge of CI/CD & Dev-Ops tools - advantage
  • A plus to have knowledge of GitHub/Gitlab/Bitbucket/Azure DevOps/AWS Codepipeline - advantage
  • Experience designing/building scalable REST API’s
  • Experience with open source frameworks
  • Experience designing systems with an emphasis on modularity, efficiency and maintainability.
  • Experience in full life-cycle software development, implementation, design and overall architecture.
  • Hands-on experience with relational SQL (including window functions, recursion, etc.) and no-SQL technologies
  • Understand the value of iterating fast; learning from small, safe, frequent changes
  • Bonus if you have worked in early stage, fast growth startups… especially in developer tooling!
  • Excellent English – written and verbal
  • Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
  • Experience with cloud-native and distributed architectures
  • Desire to be part of an incredible team. That means being someone the team can count on, who communicates honestly and respects others and their views, who adapts quickly to changing priorities, drives positive change, and is committed to giving 100%
  • Ensures high quality of code, that can be safely co-authored in a fast growing organization
  • Is agile and enjoys the speed of a fast-paced, highly engaged startup environment, are curious, and constantly seek to improve standards as we go along
  • BS in CS/Computer Science or IS/Information Systems or equivalent required.

Our Tech Stack

Current stack includes: Java, Python, NodeJS, TypeScript, Postgresql, MemSQL, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, CSS, React, AWS Cloud, Azure Cloud, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Terraform, CFTs,  etc.

While we are looking for candidates with existing experience with our tech stack we believe curiosity, communication, and the ability to research and learn are most important.

Additional Information

The Team

As the leader of the Public Cloud Security team, you will be responsible for building products that protect data, workloads, and infrastructure for some of the largest enterprise customers in the world. We help the customers in their transitional journey to the cloud by ensuring they have the best in class protection. The cloud market has been growing at a rapid rate for the last few years. As more and more enterprises use public cloud, there is an insatiable demand for securing workloads in the public cloud. With our recent acquisition of Prisma Public Cloud, formerly RedLock™ and Evident.io making Palo Alto Networks the reigning market leader.

We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.

Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.