Posted a month ago on Jan. 17, 2020

Senior Paralegal

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA
Palo Alto Networks is a computer & network security company headquartered in the Santa Clara, CA area with 5001 to 10000 employees. Palo Alto Networks has a 4.2-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,138 ratings from 79 current or former employees. 28 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Impact

• Lead cross-functional global expansion efforts.
  • Prepare written consents, resolutions, certifications, minutes, charters, bylaws, powers of attorney and other corporate documentation as needed for domestic subsidiaries; update and maintain database for all subsidiaries and manage corporate agents; manage external corporate secretarial service.
  • Assist with legal aspects of acquisitions and financing projects, including assisting with closing documents and post-closing integration efforts, order certificates of good standing and any other special projects.
  • Assist with, obtain and distribute notarizations, apostilles, legalized documents, certified copies, corporate filings and other corporate documents as needed.
  • Maintain officer and director slates for various corporate entities as directed.
  • Assist in maintaining worldwide corporate structure charts and global subsidiary lists, including managing the company’s global corporate structure (formation, dissolution and restructuring of global subsidiaries).
  • Assist in permitting/licensing on various matters.
  • Work with other members of the legal team as well as other company functional departments on special projects and initiatives.
  • Assist with litigation matters as needed from time to time, including assisting in case management, document production, litigation hold management, and other requests.

Your Experience

• 7+ years of relevant In-house and/or top-tier law firm experience working as a corporate paralegal.
  • Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certification preferred or equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
  • Notary certification (or willingness to obtain) a plus.
  • Proficiency in GSuite applications, Adobe Acrobat, legal entity management and related software.
  • Experience working in a global organization with numerous international legal entities.
  • Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills.
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
  • Ability to work within a complex and constantly changing, fast-paced, demanding work environment and to meet deadlines.
  • Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with internal functions around the globe as well as external advisors.
  • Must maintain a positive attitude, be a self-starter, dependable, take pride in work product and have a keen sense of humor.
  • Ability to prioritize and to work with minimal supervision; excellent process efficiency

The Team

Our dynamic Legal team has an impact on all go-to-market aspects of the business.. The team is immersed in developing our next-generation licensing agreements, buying programs, and channel-partner programs to scale across Palo Alto Networks’ entire technology portfolio. Our Legal team is an essential resource on a global basis, affecting and driving our products and services.

You’re passionate about legalities and compliance in a way that leads to solutions. You think creatively but with a higher purpose, motivated by our mission to protect our digital lives.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.