Posted 2 weeks ago on Oct. 17, 2020

VP, Field CSO (Chief Security Officer)

Full-time in San Francisco, CA

Company Description

At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we are looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.

The Field CSO (Chief Security Officer) will engage with and challenge the public, support the Office of the CSO’s customers, and materially influence C-level executives, board members, senior government leaders, and all other network defenders as a subject matter expert for Palo Alto Networks around the philosophies and best practices of prevention, the “power of the platform,” intelligence operations, attack lifecycle defense and cybersecurity education. This is not a sales position and will not be compensated as such. This is a thought leadership role that is both public facing and internal to the company. The Field CSO will travel to North America, Central America and South America and will report to the Americas Regional CSO.

Key Responsibilities:

• Speak for Palo Alto Networks at the highest echelons of industry thought leadership and business interaction.
  • Create thought leadership content.
  • Speak at marquee conferences.
  • Support Palo Alto Networks’ sponsored events.
  • Visit Fortune 2000 customers as part of the Palo Alto Networks executive sponsor program.
  • Actively engage as a member to the internal Palo Alto Networks Security Board.
  • Meet with the Office of the CSO’s internal Palo Alto Networks customers to assess value of the Office of the CSO and to discover where the organization needs to improve.
  • Engage with social media.

Desired Skills and Experience

• Past experience as a CIO, CTO, CISO, CSO or equivalent government position.
  • Possesses the ability to bridge the gap between deep technical content and information that a C-Level executive can digest and use to make quality decisions.
  • Demonstrates credibility in front of large and small audiences as well as one on-one meetings.
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
  • Must be a critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills.

Qualifications

Qualifications/Requirements:

• Bachelor degree in Business, Information Security, Computer Science, Information Management Systems, or related field. Masters preferred.
  • Minimum of eight to 10 years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security and IT jobs. At least four must be in a senior leadership role. Employment history must demonstrate increasing levels of responsibility.
  • Demonstrated industry expertise through contributions to security industry groups, speaking at industry events, and / or writing blogs and whitepapers on advanced cyber security techniques and tools.
  • Well known in the region as a cyber security expert.

Additional Information

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.