At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Exam Development Program Manager is responsible for managing the integrity, validity and reliability of technical examination as well as the overall exam design, development and maintenance process through effective volunteer management and program management. This position ensures that the certification exams are industry leading and meet the highest quality standards. The exam development program manager works collaboratively with volunteers and external vendors focusing on supporting the growth and evolvement of the Palo Alto Networks credentialing portfolio across the entire landscape of Palo Alto Networks technology.
As an exam development program manager, you will be interacting across the enablement team and the Technical Subject Matter Experts, to design, develop and launch best-in-class credential programs across Enterprise and Cloud platforms.
The education team inspires cybersecurity professionals around the world. They drive awareness, in-depth understanding, and adoption through our customers. You motivate audiences around the world by training our suite of products to promote the full adoption of our services to protect digital environments. It's a meaningful career path, one that requires constant learning and evolution.
Manage the design, development and maintenance processes for multiple technical examinations including but not limited to:
- Facilitating all aspects of Job Task Analysis and Design Workshop meetings managed internally, through effective collaboration with peers and Subject Matter Experts
- Contributing to annual planning and goal-setting activities to ensure an adequate number of quality items are generated by subject matter experts to maintain a healthy test bank that covers all areas of each exam blueprint and reflects multiple levels of cognitive reasoning
- Issuing training and assignments to subject matter experts to develop a variety of item types including multiple choice, scenarios and alternative item types
- Developing and maintaining expertise in all systems required for effective job performance including but not limited to item banking system and reporting systems and tools
- Managing workflows, assignments and collections, following established Standard Operating Procedures and maintaining exam security by protecting content, monitoring content exposure, ensuring all subject matter experts have signed NDAs and removing system access when no longer needed
- Managing exams form development and publishing process
- Participating actively in the review of all draft test forms (Beta) for designated programs
- Executing all post-form review content-related activities
- Working closely with the vendors, when vendors are involved
- Recruiting and motivation subject matter experts to meet exam development needs in virtual activities and meetings
- Selecting diverse groups of subject matter experts to participate in each exam development meetings or activities
- Understand expectations, meet deadlines and deliver high quality performance
- Serve as a resource for other teams as test development expert
- Other duties as assigned
- Approximately 20% travel
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of exam development work experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills; exhibits a positive attitude and a professional demeanor
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Effective ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to train, manage, motivate and coach volunteer subject matter experts
- Strong project management skills
- 5+ years of progressive exam development highly desirable
- Knowledge of certification industry standards and processes is highly recommended
- Experience with working with credentialing programs is preferred
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.