Posted 2 months ago on Aug. 3, 2020

Software Engineer (Client Software)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA
Palo Alto Networks is a computer & network security company headquartered in the Santa Clara, CA area with 5001 to 10000 employees. Palo Alto Networks has a 4.2-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,186 ratings from 82 employees. 28 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:

Being the Cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career

Prisma Access™ provides protection straight from the cloud to make access to the cloud secure. It combines the connectivity and security you need - and delivers it everywhere you need it. Using cutting-edge public and private cloud technologies extending the next-generation security protection to all cloud services, customers on-premise remote networks and mobile users.

We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to design, develop and deliver next-generation technologies within our GlobalProtect team. We want passionate engineers who love to code and build great products. Engineers who bring new ideas in all facets of software development. We are looking for leaders who take ownership of their areas of focus and who are driven to solve problems at every level. Collaboration and teamwork are at the foundation of our culture and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work well with others towards achieving a common goal.

Your Impact

• You will be responsible for developing and sustaining GlobalProtect client product on multiple platforms
  • You will work with product management on user requirement
  • Apply your knowledge to functional design
  • Utilize your programming skills for efficient and robust implementation
  • Interact with quality assurance and field support teams in debugging, troubleshooting, replicating, and resolving issues found in GlobalProtect client software
  • Interview, mentor and coach new team members

Your Experience

• Career-level software development experience
  • Proficient in C++, experience with Objective-C a plus
  • Programming knowledge on at least one of the following platforms: Windows, MacOS, Linux
  • Experience with Windows/Linux kernel programming a plus
  • Experience with network and system programming a plus
  • Team player, can-do attitude and take initiative
  • High energy and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
  • Enjoys working with many different teams with strong collaboration and communication skills
  • Fast learner and eager to absorb new emerging technologies
  • M.S./B.S. degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering

The Team

Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.

We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.

#LI-Dreese2