Posted 2 months ago on Jan. 11, 2020

Senior Software Engineer (Cloud Service)

Full-time in Santa Clara, CA
Palo Alto Networks is a computer & network security company headquartered in the Santa Clara, CA area with 5001 to 10000 employees. Palo Alto Networks has a 4.2-star InHerSight Score, based on 1,138 ratings from 79 current or former employees. 28 employees have left comments about their experience working for the company on InHerSight.

Our Mission

At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.

Your Career

We are looking for a motivated, intelligent, hardworking and creative software engineer (Cloud Service) to join the Content Tools team that develops various cloud-based back-end services to power the Palo Alto Networks’ next generation firewall. You will be working on building challenging internal tools as well as cloud-based products.  It is okay if you do not have experience with all the above mentioned technologies, as we are mainly looking for a self-driven, hard-working and motivated individual who is willing to work hard and bridge any of the gaps you may encounter in the beginning.

Your Impact
  • Participate in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and release for cloud-based products.
  • Design, Develop and Implement scalable web app, micro services in the cloud.
  • Commit to building a CI/CD solution for efficient and automated delivery of micro services
  • Build reusable code and libraries, with performance and security in mind.
  • Work closely with DevOps, QA, and PM to gather requirements, design, implement and release.
  • Work hand-in-hand with DevOps to quickly address production issues ensuring customer success.
  • Proven problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills.
Your Experience
  • BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
  • 3 plus years of experience with Python and/or Golang
  • 3 plus years of experience with using/working on linux, docker, redis, nginx, ajax, restful API, web services
  • 3 plus years of experience with MySQL and ELK or MongoDB.
  • 1 plus years of experience building scalable micro services using Kubernetes Container Engine in public/private cloud such as AWS/Google/Azure
  • Experience building solutions compatible with Jenkins for enabling CI/CD will be a plus
The Team

Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.

We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.

We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@paloaltonetworks.com.